Etched plates for LGB 99 6001

Tomclarke7802

Registered
31 Aug 2020
Kidderminster
Best answers
Country flag
Good morning to you all,
I’m on the lookout for a set of etched plates for my 99 6001, I have recently re-lettered an NWE21 using “Troeger” transfers but unfortunately the size of the LGB number plates means the number has been somewhat squashed into a small space, and the lack of relief makes the whole model look flat. I’ve scoured the internet for suitable etched replacements and have found plenty of pictures of model locos with metal plates attached but thus far no luck in finding out how to acquire them.
The closest I have got is finding this link to a past eBay sale:
Exactly the sort of thing I’m looking for!
Can anyone here please help me find out where to purchase such a set?
Kind regards
Tom

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Good morning to you all,
I’m on the lookout for a set of etched plates for my 99 6001, I have recently re-lettered an NWE21 using “Troeger” transfers but unfortunately the size of the LGB number plates means the number has been somewhat squashed into a small space, and the lack of relief makes the whole model look flat. I’ve scoured the internet for suitable etched replacements and have found plenty of pictures of model locos with metal plates attached but thus far no luck in finding out how to acquire them.
The closest I have got is finding this link to a past eBay sale:
Exactly the sort of thing I’m looking for!
Can anyone here please help me find out where to purchase such a set?
Kind regards
Tom
This seller might be worth a look.

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Tom,
last year I got some boxes with different spare parts for Gauge I and Gauge G. There are edched number plates, but I'm not sure, what number it is. I'll have look tomorrow.
Do you have any measurements for the numberplates; please?
Peter

Last edited:

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Tom,
sorry the edched numberplates are 91 1592 and some DB "Keckse" (Cookies).
911592.jpg

Peter

MaybachMD

Registered
18 May 2018
Bromley, Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Tom

I have bought plates from these:

Expensive but excellent quality. I also had number plates made by MDC plates that were basically copies of the LGB originals. They are good too, and a lot cheaper.

You can see the Beckert plates on Pfiffi in the photo below.

Best wishes

Simon7D7394E4-7668-46BE-BF82-54D5CF029D06.jpeg

Tomclarke7802

Registered
31 Aug 2020
Kidderminster
Best answers
Country flag
A package arrived from Germany this morning, I am very impressed with “Modellbau Workstatt Bertram Heyn” with their easy ordering system, their communication, and the speed in which the plates are produced and sent out.
I liked 99 6001s plates so much I ordered 99 5001 some too.ED369BAE-44FE-421F-93CE-C47E5C080C4E.jpegI think 99 6101 will be due some soon, as it stands out amongst its shed mates now.072502F9-8246-48DF-9712-32E5EDACAF82.jpeg
Kind regards and thanks to everyone for their help. Tom