Dead loco.

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
I have an LGB V52 901 (23510), which has always behaved impeccably, but now is unresponsive. The shoes are all in contact, the lights respond to the 9 button but that's it. I have tried it with another assigned number but that didn't work either All the other engines are fine. Any suggestions please?
Trevor

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I assume you have checked the switch is fully on?

Anglian

Registered
23 Jul 2018
Armagh
Best answers
Country flag
I assume you have checked the switch is fully on?
Hi Phil. I posted in the Coffee Lounge that having had a read through a PDF manual, I remembered about the switch. I had of course moved it when picking the engine up. You can only laugh.
Thanks for responding.
Trevor

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Phil. I posted in the Coffee Lounge that having had a read through a PDF manual, I remembered about the switch. I had of course moved it when picking the engine up. You can only laugh.
Thanks for responding.
Trevor
At least a happy result, we have all done it!

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for responding.
Trevor
Lucky you, I had the expensive version, one burnt out motor.

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Engines do not work properly if the speed steps in the engine do not match the command system. Since you state F9 for the lights I assume LGB MTS which is 14 speed steps and CV 29 needs to be 4 for DC and DCC 14 speed steps.