DCC issues for beginners and "experienced" people alike

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
There is the other group, the ones that never listen (read/understand/take in) what other people say/write…..

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone remember Hornby,s Zero 1? So far ahead of it's time, it made the Enterprise look ancient. I really fancied one, but then I saw the cost of it, and then the extra cost of each chip you needed for the engines, and it put me off for life. I think that's probably the main reason I've kept clear of DCC, obviously that is stinginess on my part, nothing to do with any other pros/cons
Another possible early one may have been Astrac. I remember Cyril Freezer writing about it back in the 60’s.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Another possible early one may have been Astrac. I remember Cyril Freezer writing about it back in the 60’s.
I remember seeing adverts for it, but was into 009 ish at that time. Also a time when no railway layout ever got finished :oops::oops:

I think my £ s d went on motorbikes, cars, women, a house and some kids :emo::emo::emo:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I remember seeing adverts for it, but was into 009 ish at that time. Also a time when no railway layout ever got finished :oops::oops:

I think my £ s d went on motorbikes, cars, women, a house and some kids :emo::emo::emo:
Completely went over my head at the time.