DCC CV chart

Gorsebank

Registered
30 Nov 2009
Isle Of Man
Best answers
Country flag
I don't know if this is of any use to anyone but if it is please feel free to use it.

I found that after I had programmed a couple of loco's that I forgot which CV settings and what values
I had changed so I keep a chart of each loco for future refrence.

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
The thing to be aware of though is that although the commonly used CVs are usually the same for most manufacturers decoders ( such as Accel. Deccel. start volts, Loco address etc) Some of the other CVs are not always the same 'number' particularly with sound decoders

I would advise that it is always best to refer to the CV list supplied with a particular Digital 'onboard' loco OR the Cv list supplied with a decoder fitted to a loco subsequently.

Always remebring of course to make a note of which loco has which decoder type in it, so that you dont have to have a look first!!!!! as I have had to do on some occasions!!

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Software such as DecoderPro is your friend for this type of thing: coupled with a SPROG or to your DCC command station it will let you store all the details for each loco as a named "roster entry" (the decoder type, all the changed CV values etc.). It gives you a much friendlier way of editing and testing the CV values for the decoder, to the point where for the vast majority of cases you don't even have to know what CV number does what.

Nick