Daydreaming again...

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Like it!

You never know, someone on here may be able to fab that up for you....

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
John, consider brass instead of steel for the small extra outlay, it should make a nicer job. Laser cutting services for modellers are offered by several companies.

Try http://www.modelengineerslaser.co.uk/ < Link To www.modelengineerslaser.co.uk

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Very nice. I think maybe lose/change the exhaust stack?!

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
You can indeed laser cut brass, you can laser cut almost all metals and a few other materials besides. That link is not the only provider, there are others, but that was the only one I could find quickly. I've never tried his service I tend to do mine the hard way.

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
J2s said:
tinsnips?.....im not skilled enough for that id end up with a pile of scrap :)

Tinsnips, drills and files.......

...........and the odd milling machine, or lathe!

:D:D

New Haven Neil 2

Registered
24 May 2011
Isle of Man
Best answers
Co-incidence - I have a rather scarred and tatty right ear as a result of....the guy behind me leaving a chuck key in.....A Colchester 2000!!!!! Way back in '76 or 77.
Clean knocked me out - trip to hospital, lotta blood everywhere!!

MAYBACH

Hydraulics, Motorhead, biscuits, cake, VW's
26 Oct 2009
Devon (HYDRAULIC COUNTRY)
Best answers
Country flag
I have used model engineers laser and he did a great job, very neat which can be an issue with some places. He is very quick and quite well priced BUT it takes far longer and costs a lot more to turn your own design into a product! You could send a copy of what you want off to him and perhaps a few other places, there are plenty of laser cuters about just look on the net or the yellow pages, not all do brass though!

Don't forget that the price becomes massivly reduced the more you order! Last time I had some big steel stuff done it was less than half price if you had over three of them!

Cheers
Rob