DavidT

DavidT

I'm New, Please Be Gentle
24 Jul 2015
Berkshire
Visit site
Best answers
Hello, I'm David Theunissen. I make the DelTang radios that some of you are using. Rik suggested I join as there have been some discussions. I will be happy to answer any questions. I hope this is OK.
Regards, David.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
hello davied and welcome to g scale central 8)

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome!
I hope you have plenty of spare time, and patience??

We are (well many of us) are VERY interested in this.
PhilP.
:happy: :happy:

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Mr T ;)

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome David. I've been following the topic on the Deltang radio. Now you have my attention.

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard David. So pleased you decided to come and join us.

Rik

chris m01

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Birmingham, UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have 4 locos with deltang selecta rc. I think this is a great system and am really pleased with the way it all works as it comes. I expect I will need to ask a few questions about programming later.

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Hi David
A question for you.
I've recently rebound a loco with rx65b-22 to my Tx21. It was originally on Selecta ch6 on my Tx22. However, when I turn off the rx it sometimes struggles to find tx21 again when I turn it back on. In fact I've had to rebind it a couple of times. Do I need to reprogram the rx out of selecta mode or will it eventually settle down?

Rik

DavidT

24 Jul 2015
Berkshire
Visit site
Best answers
Thanks guys. Hi Rik, It may help to disable 'tx change', easiest with paperclip change method. This would remove one possible cause. You would need the Selecta 2-flash option http://www.deltang.co.uk/paperclip-v611.htm
Regards, David.

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
DavidT said:
Thanks guys. Hi Rik, It may help to disable 'tx change', easiest with paperclip change method. This would remove one possible cause. You would need the Selecta 2-flash option http://www.deltang.co.uk/paperclip-v611.htm
Regards, David.
Thanks David. Very helpful

I see from another thread that the rx status LED can be fed to an LED output such as one of the direction lights, and this is then overridden once the rx finds the tx signal.

Just wondered what happens if the tx is then switched off, would it continue with its direction setting or if stationary, would it eventually show the rx status? Although there is a timed SLEEP setting for the rx, I would find it useful to have some sort of LED indicator reminding me that the loco is still switched on if I forget to switch it off.

Really like the feature whereby the LED flashes the remaining battery voltage BTW

Rik

DavidT

24 Jul 2015
Berkshire
Visit site
Best answers
Rik, I will reply in a separate thread in the battery section. I think it will reach more people than in the welcome section.
Regards, David.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
PhilP said:
Welcome!
I hope you have plenty of spare time, and patience??

I started to read this and thought Phil was going to ask for spare bits ;) ;) ;) O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

I think I've already gone the 'wrong' way with my R/C (have some cheapo Saturn stuff - which is OK)