Crest 55001 ho reciever help please

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Hi folks I bought a few crest ho recievers for use on O gauge but I'm a bit lacking in info about them has anyone wired one up ??????

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
im not sure which frequency transmitter revolution its designed for ,27/75mhz or 2.4 ghz?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
im not sure which frequency transmitter revolution its designed for ,27/75mhz or 2.4 ghz?
Hm not sure you will be able to get them working with another transmitter? You would not have the various menu options for linking and setting up names etc.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
from the part number, they are 27 mhz, and take a transmitter different from the G scale 27 mhz.

the 2.4 ghz ho version is a part number in the 57000 range.

Do you have the transmitter? Part numbers at end of this page, more info on my site.

Greg

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Hm not sure you will be able to get them working with another transmitter? You would not have the various menu options for linking and setting up names etc.
I have the 2.4 and the 75 ghz transmitters which one are they designed for
from the part number, they are 27 mhz, and take a transmitter different from the G scale 27 mhz.

the 2.4 ghz ho version is a part number in the 57000 range.

Do you have the transmitter? Part numbers at end of this page, more info on my site.

Greg
No darn it I only have the 75 ghz and the 2.4 hand sets

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
The chances of you finding an HO 27 MHz transmitter in working condition are slim. Also the receiver works on 12-14v dc, so pretty low voltage in G scale. I did some more research, and i found one place saying it was 75 MHz, so you might try linking...

do you have the manual? I have a copy of it.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I have the 2.4 and the 75 ghz transmitters which one are they designed for

No darn it I only have the 75 ghz and the 2.4 hand sets
Looks like Greg has answered you question, for the record I was thinking of a transmitter that was NOT a Train Engineer one. That I am sure would give non compatibility as would differing frequencies.

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
The chances of you finding an HO 27 MHz transmitter in working condition are slim. Also the receiver works on 12-14v dc, so pretty low voltage in G scale. I did some more research, and i found one place saying it was 75 MHz, so you might try linking...

Hi greg thankyou for taking the time to research for me unfortunately I dont have the manual

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Hi greg I found a 4 page manual on the web for download so I will try the reciever in the next few days and see if it binds

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
I did further research and have confirmed 75 MHz, and that the 75 MHz transmitters, ones sold with the LS 75 MHz decoders and the ones sold with the HO 75 MHz decoders are identical.

So if you have a 75 MHz throttle, it should bind. Watch that voltage though!

Good luck, Greg

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
I did further research and have confirmed 75 MHz, and that the 75 MHz transmitters, ones sold with the LS 75 MHz decoders and the ones sold with the HO 75 MHz decoders are identical.

So if you have a 75 MHz throttle, it should bind. Watch that voltage though!

Good luck, Greg
hi greg i have powered up the tx and the rx but there dosent seem to be a code recieve button on the 55002 boards so i have no idea how to bind it?

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
hi greg i have powered up the tx and the rx but there dosent seem to be a code recieve button on the 55002 boards so i have no idea how to bind it?
Not used to the smaller HO ones but they may be similar. The G ones have a push button switch on a cable that plugs into the board somewhere this is what does the job. Just a simple push not a hold when binding. Do you have any such switch lurking that you did not know what to do with?

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
i just found an old post they have fitted a reed sw on the receiver so if you pass a magnet it sets the rx to bind mode yey

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Page 3 of the manual I have has a section:

"how to link the transmitter and receiver"

step 3 says "place the magnet over the locomotive shell above the receiver location to activate the decoder"

I hope the manual you have is correct, if not, let me know and I will email you it... (second offer :))

Don't know where the sensor/switch is, but the loco lights will blink when you get the magnet close enough.

hote75_front.jpg

paul delany

Registered
30 Mar 2018
Dublin Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Page 3 of the manual I have has a section:

"how to link the transmitter and receiver"

step 3 says "place the magnet over the locomotive shell above the receiver location to activate the decoder"

I hope the manual you have is correct, if not, let me know and I will email you it... (second offer :))

Don't know where the sensor/switch is, but the loco lights will blink when you get the magnet close enough.

hote75_front.jpg
Hi greg unfortunately my little manual doesn't have the information but I did find the Reed contact and yes sir you manual would be appreciated