covered bridge plans??

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
while doing my bridge bypass i thought a covered bridge would look nice about 3 foot long..ish.Has anybody built one ,any plans or pictures of one they built?:clap::clap:

barryw

lgb/harz
24 Oct 2009
newport south wales
Best answers
Country flag
part one of building a covered bridge in june 2011 garden railways
barryw

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Hi Nico
Might be worth asking Steven Large as he's built one or two on his line :callme:
Just remember to make it big enough for your K-27 or you will need another by pass :happy:

nico

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Ireland
nslrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
Richie said:
Hi Nico
Might be worth asking Steven Large as he's built one or two on his line :callme:
Just remember to make it big enough for your K-27 or you will need another by pass :happy:
Cheeky:rofl:Or K28:D

The Devonian

Registered
17 Nov 2009
South Hams
Best answers
Country flag
A covered bridge is a great feature on any American based railroad: Google earth or a satellite view can be helpful to place a bridge in the location where it looks realistic.
One factor to consider, however, is track cleaning. No problem if you operate with battery power but track power will mean easy access to the track within the bridge.
When I built a truss type bridge I made it removable (this is not obvious to the eye). This not only allows for easy track cleaning and maintenance but also allows for repaints and other work that will be needed over a period of time.
Mention was made of clearances for rolling stock. Dependant on your railroad empire - you may have sufficient stock already - but a change of modeling interests could mean problems at a later date.

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
nico said:
Richie said:
Hi Nico
Cheeky:rofl:Or K28:D
Has some one got a K-28 on order :admire:
If you ever plan to run a K-37 in the future remember that these are alot larger again :wits:
I forgot about the bridge on Jerry's layout some pic's in the Garden Railways mag few month's back

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
I think there will be plans for a covered bridge in the June edition of Garden Railways....