Corpet Louvet

meiningen8

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Hello

I have just bought an LGB Corpet Louvet the new green MTV version and a Massoth M1 sound chip does anyone out there know the best location for the speaker

thanking you in anticipation

meiningen8(aka D Miller)

beachdonkey

Model railways, classic cars, music
14 Sep 2015
bedford
Best answers
Country flag
There is not much choice in the Corpet for a speaker location. Brian at Glendale fitted mine in the boiler but you are then rather restricted as to the size . The only other real alternative would be under the cab roof but being an open cab it is quite tricky to disguise.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
A small-diameter one inside the firebox backhead with some small sound holes drilled in the plastic....?

Jon.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
In the Cab Roof is pretty well invisible if it is a smallish nicely flat one. Not sure of your Model, but if it is an Open Back Cab one a simulated Rolled Up Sheet to the Top rear of the cab makes the speaker pretty well invisble.

meiningen8

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the replies I have yet to open up the Loco as I am away from home at the moment but will make a start next week I will try to post my experiences

Meiningen8

meiningen8

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Thanx for the input I hope to open the Loco this week and check my options also have a nice Prehm lokfuehrerin and heizerin to fit in the open cab.
Can recommend (usual disclaimer) Inside Tracks holiday called Black White and Gold which visits some interesting railways in the Alsace, Black Forest and Switzerland apparently the holiday is running again in 2019.
yours meiningen8

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Pic of my Green Europa Loco which has the LGB Steam Sound Box installed in the Cab Roof with the Drivers Sheet hiding it. On close examination you can just make out the Sound Pot left of the driver.
D6459830-0781-4670-AF9B-9023B9197EF8.jpeg

Last edited:

meiningen8

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Thanx for all the input Chip now fitted, the speaker has been fixed to the forward ballast weight in the smokebox and all seems to be in order so far. For anyone else taking one of these newer Locos apart ignore the 2 forward most screws on the chassis (silver coloured and with Pozidriv heads instead ot the usual black philips headed screws) these secure the front ballast weight.

meiningen8