dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I thought that some of you may be interested to see my Control Centre. It is in my main wooden shed that is used for stock storage, through running and has all my Control Gear in it. I got this some time ago from IKEA, it is used in Kitchens and possibly the Hall as well. When purchased it has two metal trays where the Switches are. I mounted some thick Plasticard for the Air Switches. The Blackboard is Magnetic, very useful for posting Track Diagrams, Timetables etc. As you see I use the Blackboard to note current problems that need to be sorted. Mine cost around £12.00, but that was in 2003 so they will have gone up a bit by now. However the last time I was at IKEA (June this year) they were still available.

1c1d5d24c7444582bc5782e4b913ba7a.jpg

The black levered switches to the left are for my Air Operated Points and Signals. First 4 with Yellow Labels are for points. Next 4 are White labeled for Spare levers. Then there is a gap and then 4 levers with red Marking for Signals. The other 3 (after the broken one) supply air to this and the other control panels on the line. The two small switches to the Right are for my LGB Electrically Operated Points.
JonD

MR SPOCK

railways politics Human rights loud music
25 Oct 2009
Cornwall uk
cornwallrailroad.webs.com
Best answers
[align=center]Mornin Jon,
That looks a neat unit, plus an info board that stick to itself mmm,
I am interested in the air control you use, I am thinking of doing the same butnot yet got that far,
[/align]

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
MR SPOCK said:
[align=center]Mornin Jon,
That looks a neat unit, plus an info board that stick to itself mmm,
I am interested in the air control you use, I am thinking of doing the same butnot yet got that far,
[/align]

Glad you liked the use of the LUNS. It was just one of those "I can use that" moments when you see something out of context. There are many other useful items to be found at IKEA. The wooden draws that are 1ft (or abouts) wide make great baseboards for small layouts with storage as well. Also the packs of 6 draws are great for Modelling bits and bobs. Another great item is TROFAST Kids Storage Draws, perfect if you want storage under the baseboards in a shed or garage. I even dropped lucky ones at a sale and bought a load of Office Cupboard Wheel units. They were so cheep that I bought around 20 of them and now all my cupboards in my loft workshop are on wheels. So useful.

I started out using Del Air but now use Easy Air all available from Brandbright. Not sure about the cost effectiveness of importing direct from USA due to exchange rate. But always worth while to keep an eye on this. In the past I have bought stuff from suppliers in the USA and had it sent direct to where I have been staying, always worth while to mention to the suppler what your travel plans are so that they can be sure the the gear is present when you arrive.

The Air kit is so simple to set up and even revise should you need to. I have a large compressor for the stuff. I have tried to find the USA Webb Sit but having difficulty. You can find it at Brandbright http://www.brandbright.co.uk/ under Controls. JonD