Class A Climax Build

Shawn

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing

Shawn

I got the sides on and the boiler attached. Now its starting to look like something. So far I am happy with the look. Next I have to work on the engine and some of the piping. wether the wood and then the roof. Im thinking about using a coffee can for the roof. Just wait for the can to rust perfect.
2uq0h3t.jpg

2vb3b6a.jpg

C&S

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
Shawn, it's looking better and better as each picture keeps coming. Think you did the right thing to shorten the boiler - hard decision to take but a benefit in the long run, I suspect.

Shawn

Just a quick update:
I got the braces done for the roof and after a week of hunting around I found a perfect piece of rusty metal that i plan on using for the roof. I got it from an old hunting cabin that had collapsed years ago. I cant do anything else until I get some painting done but I have to wait till the wife goes to work or the weather gets warmer. (Shes highley allergic to chemical scents like air fresheners, paints etc....) Hopefully I can get the painting done mid week and then the roof can be secured and the little details added.

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Looking very nice Shawn :clap:

Martyn W

Registered
10 Oct 2010
Best answers
That looks fantastic, can't beat a bit of scratchbuilding can you!

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
Woderwick said:
Excellent, you can't beat a good Climax

Oh you are a one

Shawn

Another update. I got a ittle more done yesterday. Painted the steam engine and secured it. I also started working on some of the piping. Not sure how far I will go with the plumbing as most will not be visible plus I dont understand how most of it goes. I might just stick with the basics. I also added the railings in the back and piping on the tank. I started weathering the wood as well. Next I have to work on the front and back bumpers.
I still have to secure the roof on.

35d1el0.jpg

Shawn

Just another quick update. I am just finishing up on the details. I got my figures in the mail yesterday. Im hoping to have the engine complete sometime next week. No pictures to post until it is done. Sorry for torturing you guys. LOL