Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
I fear it is time to replace the hi-tech paint booth. However, I’ll squeeze in some more jobs:

IMG_0252.jpeg
Coach roofs getting a dose of maroon; loco boiler a final black touch up; two Feldbahnwagen in red oxide primer, which may well be their final colour as they’re destined for MoW service. Standard goods stock colour on the Fallowfield Light Railway is dark grey.

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I fear it is time to replace the hi-tech paint booth. However, I’ll squeeze in some more jobs:

View attachment 318835
Coach roofs getting a dose of maroon; loco boiler a final black touch up; two Feldbahnwagen in red oxide primer, which may well be their final colour as they’re destined for MoW service. Standard goods stock colour on the Fallowfield Light Railway is dark grey.
Not quite sure why you are replacing this cardboard box, looks a perfectly serviceable spray booth to me. Mine been in use over 12 years.

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Not quite sure why you are replacing this cardboard box, looks a perfectly serviceable spray booth to me. Mine been in use over 12 years.
Out of view, it is coming apart at the seams and retaping them isn't working well :oops:

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Pleased to find that a 48-hour dunk in 91% isopropyl alcohol has loosened almost all of the paint from the coach roofs.
Nice to know I can still learn something :nerd:

FatherMcD

Registered
13 Mar 2014
Idaho
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Pleased to find that a 48-hour dunk in 91% isopropyl alcohol has loosened almost all of the paint from the coach roofs.
Nice to know I can still learn something :nerd:
Didn't you just paint the coach roofs? What paint were you loosening? I may need to use the isopropyl alcohol trick.

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
20230926_165039[1].jpgThanks for reminding me, had stuff hanging from the swing seat in the garden for last two days waiting for the rain to stop !

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Didn't you just paint the coach roofs? What paint were you loosening? I may need to use the isopropyl alcohol trick.
Yes, I sprayed Tamiya TS maroon over well dried Rustoleum Painter's Touch grey primer and the Tamiya crinkled in several spots or simply didn't take. After two days in the alky, most of both paints came off easily when scraped with the edge of a popsicle stick and a brass bristle brush. I shall use fine wet-and-dry to finish the job.
The same Tamiya gave no trouble when sprayed over Painter's Touch flat red primer on the coach bodies, so I suspect operator error :blush:.

Mohawk Valley

Registered
11 Feb 2023
Coventry UK
Best answers
Country flag
It's always in the very last place you look
You really are a silly Billy! If you looked in the very last place you looked first, you would have found it and that would have prevented you loosing it in the first place and in order to find it looking in the very last place you look. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
You really are a silly Billy! If you looked in the very last place you looked first, you would have found it and that would have prevented you loosing it in the first place and in order to find it looking in the very last place you look. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I'm soo confused :confused:

Reactions: 1 user