Cannot operate my points, using Dimax 1-Channel Switch Decoders II (8156601)

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
Best answers
Country flag
I bought two years ago in second hand 11 of the above decoders and programmed them. They all worked well for a time but today I cannot use any of them because having forgotten to note their address and name in the Navigator.

Is there anything I can do before disconnecting them from the points ?

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Apart from trial and error (try every accessory address from 1-n until the switch motor fires or you get bored) I can't think of anything other than disconnect them, read the address and rewrite if necessary.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I think Dave's suggestion of trial and error is the way to go. Most likely these decoders will be a real pain to pull out if already installed on your RR. I'd avoid it if at all possible. There are only 2047 possible switch addresses. The actual addresses you assigned will probably be in the first couple hundred if you start with address 1. I'm not familiar with the Massoth Navigator but is there not some way to see what addresses are registered for use by the Central Station?

I'd just go ahead and reprogram them if they are not installed.

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
Best answers
Country flag
I have found where my points have been programmed. It is called Switch-D01 on my Navigator and I had forgotten you need to push M1 twice to insert the address (8 points are on this address), use the keyboard to name the point to trigger and use the arrows to move the blades. However two of them won't work although I checked the cables (at the point and the solderings to the track).
I am sorry if I disturbed you uselessly, but I'm happy I did not have to disconnect the decoders. I have written down the procedure in the decoder manual in order to find it back if I leave the railway unused for a long period.