Can a programmed switch route be deleted?

Mike Bett

Beer, G Gauge, Beer, Cricket, Beer.
14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Having changed the numbers allocated to some switches, I wish to reprogrammed three different switch routes. Can I delete the current programmed routes, if so how please.

Mike Bett

14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Greg,

I am using the LGB 55015p and the LGB central station..

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Noting from a long while back how fiendishly un-intuitive LGB point routing was to input, would you be better/is it possible updating existing routes?

Mike Bett

14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Noting from a long while back how fiendishly un-intuitive LGB point routing was to input, would you be better/is it possible updating existing routes?
I have tried to update the existing routes, they only need small changes, but as you say it is an opaque process, I have failed so far!

Mike Bett

14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Ahh, you are using MTS II, wow, I've never programmed routes, I would delete them and then start over, but I'm no expert in this hardware.
That’s what I would like to do, but don’t know how to delete the existing ones.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
It's a long time since I did this, but I believe you can just over-write your routes with the new point numbers rather than deleting....

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
For programming LGB parallel systems it is very easy from the 55045 on a computer. I do this and I have never used the LGB method of programming a decoder as it is cumbersome and confusing whereas the 55045 is a graphic interface plus I do most program changes with my Zimo system and only the 55045 if there is an issue as some decoders like a different freequency/timing of the DCC signal. Sometimes I use my old Zimo as I can change the DCC pulse width and if that does not work I try the 55045 LGB interface to my computer.