Cable Identification

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
My order from Rapid arrived last night, not quite what I was expecting (I was expecting a "ring") but more like a clip, but i am sure they are going to be quite suitable.

P. S. please to see this thread has drifted nicely on to "birds"!!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Possibly teaching you to 'suck eggs'.. - 'Bird' metaphor.. :)

ALWAYS..
Hold the cable in your right-hand, with the end to the left, when applying / reading your 'run-number'..
Each cable should have a unique number, and be numbered at both ends. - You *can* designate a 'decade' to (say) the main feed round your track; So '20' from controller to first distribution point, '21' to next etc. round the layout. You then leave any unused numbers (up to 29 in this example) for later expansion. You can also start at (say) '101', '102' .. For an area of the layout. - Say a station complex, or a goods yard. You know any '1nn' cable is used by something in that area then.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Possibly teaching you to 'suck eggs'.. - 'Bird' metaphor.. :)

ALWAYS..
Hold the cable in your right-hand, with the end to the left, when applying / reading your 'run-number'..
Each cable should have a unique number, and be numbered at both ends. - You *can* designate a 'decade' to (say) the main feed round your track; So '20' from controller to first distribution point, '21' to next etc. round the layout. You then leave any unused numbers (up to 29 in this example) for later expansion. You can also start at (say) '101', '102' .. For an area of the layout. - Say a station complex, or a goods yard. You know any '1nn' cable is used by something in that area then.
PhilP the numbering regime is similar to what I am considering, including "spares" for future use and redundancy.