Building of Annecy in foam

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
Hello friends , I show you my last work. A building of the Annecy old town. I like the architecture and the lots of details.

Best Regards

Jaime31A3A2C4-4931-44D4-827D-51F31C3879DE.jpeg
2E0311E4-A90C-4E31-9215-30127217E8C4.jpeg

5D65B2C4-E049-4348-A684-620646175DFB.jpeg
CB161E79-5F3A-4B11-82C3-71EADC9665C2.jpeg

CB890F9E-7649-4CA1-A959-3E6516D3ACFD.jpeg
45985147-B126-4665-972D-DC9DF1AA00F4.jpeg
837E87B8-70C4-44BE-8702-7AFCFE1AEC03.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Words fail me.
Awesome!

steinman

Comfortably Numb
24 Oct 2009
Cleveleys, Blackpool
Best answers
Country flag
Absolutely stunning, you are one very skilled modeller, thanks for posting

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: .........................................................:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
What more can anyone say?

The Devonian

Registered
17 Nov 2009
South Hams
Best answers
Country flag
Magnifique!

Andreas

Registered
26 Jan 2021
79576 Weil am Rhein, Germany
Country
Germany
fam-weniger.jimdofree.com
Best answers
Country flag
Wonderful - I read your reports on Instergram with fascination.
I will never reach this level of modelling... But I have one question - maybe I overlooked the information. You write that you build from foam. What kind of material is it exactly? Is it UV stable, are your buildings for outside?
Thanks in advance
Andreas

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
Wonderful - I read your reports on Instergram with fascination.
I will never reach this level of modelling... But I have one question - maybe I overlooked the information. You write that you build from foam. What kind of material is it exactly? Is it UV stable, are your buildings for outside?
Thanks in advance
Andreas
Hello !!! I use foamboard, it’s made with a central core of polyurethane foam between two layers of thin card. then I use a wall repair on the surface, in Chile is called “pasta muro”. Once dry, I use sandpaper and then paint with enamels, acrylics and pigments, nothing is weather resistant, so I keep all the buildings at home.
Regards!!!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hello !!! I use foamboard, it’s made with a central core of polyurethane foam between two layers of thin card. then I use a wall repair on the surface, in Chile is called “pasta muro”. Once dry, I use sandpaper and then paint with enamels, acrylics and pigments, nothing is weather resistant, so I keep all the buildings at home.
Regards!!!
Hi Jamie in UK there are a lot of us that use Plastic Coated Foamboard. PaulM on this forum is a serial abuser of the stuff and myself plus others use it also. It is OK to be left outside all year with little worries of effect by UV or damp. Cardboard coated if left outside can be an issue so I note that you bring your super buildings indoors. But I have to say that sort of thing is not a viable option for me and I doubt PaulM either. Personally I want near instant availability with short setup times to get trains running. But your buildings are an inspiration and have prompted me to add some electricity cables to one of my buildings as you do.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Jamie in UK there are a lot of us that use Plastic Coated Foamboard. PaulM on this forum is a serial abuser of the stuff and myself plus others use it also. It is OK to be left outside all year with little worries of effect by UV or damp. Cardboard coated if left outside can be an issue so I note that you bring your super buildings indoors. But I have to say that sort of thing is not a viable option for me and I doubt PaulM either. Personally I want near instant availability with short setup times to get trains running. But your buildings are an inspiration and have prompted me to add some electricity cables to one of my buildings as you do.
Just to be clear, I think Jon must be referring to Mike at Lazy Grange Bay, not myself. Unfortunately my building skills aren't anywhere near as good as either Jaime or Mike.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Just to be clear, I think Jon must be referring to Mike at Lazy Grange Bay, not myself. Unfortunately my building skills aren't anywhere near as good as either Jaime or Mike.
Yes how on earth did I get that so wrong? Old age and too much brain damaging liquid I guess!

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
3 things that bring realism to a building model:
Soft lighting in some rooms
Some vegetation nearby
Electrical wires and any small details associated with them.

3 things that detract from the realism of a building:
Excessive lighting
Excessive weathering
Glass that does not reflect the surrounding landscape on its surface.

That's what I can think of for now, but you're right, the cables are very interesting to the observer.
Jaime