• Start date
Buy now for 25.00 GBP
You don't have the permission to purchase
AddictiveBiscuit

AddictiveBiscuit

Steam Locos, Armoured Vehicles and Aviation
13 Apr 2015
North Lincolnshire
These are both pretty much brand new, I bought them with a full set that came from the USA, they are copies of the Bachmann models.

I'd like £25 each, although the caboose has got a wobbly flange which got damaged during postage from the USA so it could do with a new wheel but it doesn't seem to effect it to much.

I can post more pictures if anyone wishes but they're pretty much immaculate, I can post by Royal Mail or arrange collection if you live in the North Lincolnshire area.

113524_0acc7f72f72c56e55efa3d91630709ac.png

113525_92fecbb00c7b9192dea84fc7b8d7a77b.png

P

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
The Buddy L caboose is actually a little nicer than Bachmann's offerings. They have more bolt detail and metal drop pins on the couplings.

AddictiveBiscuit

AddictiveBiscuit

13 Apr 2015
North Lincolnshire
The Buddy L caboose is actually a little nicer than Bachmann's offerings. They have more bolt detail and metal drop pins on the couplings.
Oh do they? I never knew that! Quite surprising really..

P

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Oh do they? I never knew that! Quite surprising really..
The wheels are a little different too but nothing major. The Buddy L wheels have a small plastic centre compared to the all metal Bachmann ones. Your wonky wheel may just needs a tap straight as they can become a little misaligned on the centre. Otherwise they are just the same as Bachmann cars. They were US$75 closeout for a set of 4 different cars (box, flat, gondola and caboose) limited edition with certificate yonks ago if I recall correctly. They would obviously be worth more than that now though. They also came in a 2-6-2 set with gondola and caboose and tin fabricated track with joiner on the opposite sides than Bachmann's just to make things more challenging. :cry:

Last edited:
Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
The wheels are a little different too but nothing major. The Buddy L wheels have a small plastic centre compared to the all metal Bachmann ones. Your wonky wheel may just needs a tap straight.
Sometimes the metal 'tyre' is just a little too keen to keep slipping off, so a dollop of glue may do it - but changing the wheels can provide some extra weight - that of course would be for a prospective purchaser :nod::nod:

P

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Sometimes the metal 'tyre' is just a little too keen to keep slipping off, so a dollop of glue may do it - but changing the wheels can provide some extra weight - that of course would be for a prospective purchaser :nod::nod:
Yeah true, they could do with glue. The metal part of the wheel is quite a bit more than just the tyre. It just isn't all the way to the axle.

AddictiveBiscuit

AddictiveBiscuit

13 Apr 2015
North Lincolnshire
The wheels are a little different too but nothing major. The Buddy L wheels have a small plastic centre compared to the all metal Bachmann ones. Your wonky wheel may just needs a tap straight as they can become a little misaligned on the centre. Otherwise they are just the same as Bachmann cars. They were US$75 closeout for a set of 4 different cars (box, flat, gondola and caboose) limited edition with certificate yonks ago if I recall correctly. They would obviously be worth more than that now though. They also came in a 2-6-2 set with gondola and caboose and tin fabricated track with joiner on the opposite sides than Bachmann's just to make things more challenging. :cry:
I have, well had the full set! I had the certificate somewhere.. I sold the track, and the 2-6-2 is currently being converted in to East Broad Top #11, I’ve been tempted to paint the caboose and gondola up in to something more prototypical.. If they don’t sell I might keep them and repaint them.

AddictiveBiscuit

AddictiveBiscuit

13 Apr 2015
North Lincolnshire
I’m gonna give it a tap and see if it’ll go back on, it’s just came or the plastic bit.. I just dont want to damage it.

Buy now for 25.00 GBP
You don't have the permission to purchase