Brandbright

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Not really a review, but to inform you that Brandbright are back in business after the change of ownership.

24 Jan 2010
Porthmadog, North Wales
www.rhoshelyg.me.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Not really a review, but to inform you that Brandbright are back in business after the change of ownership.

Front page says otherwise. All items out of stock. Why do you think that?

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Front page says otherwise. All items out of stock. Why do you think that?
Page 38 of Garden Rail (April 2022 Issue 332) says that it is re-opening, however you are correct, items do seem to be out of stock !!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
It will take a while to get it back up to speed, I only hope that the quality is the same

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
It has been many years since I purchased anything from Brandbright. I used to love the drive to the old Brandbright premises at Bodham, Norfolk.
I hope that the new owner can make it successful again.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hope things work out, those RSA46 couplings so useful for the LGB/ Live Steam coupling link. I have quite a few locomotives fitted with them and have a spare set in stock for my next need. But will likely need more in the future. They were certainly one of the better all round kits and bits people.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
One problem that the new owner will have:

Not everything was produced in-house..
Will all the castings, and other ancillaries, still be available?

I fear it will take quite some time, for the range to become available, and it may well be, that some items never return?

I wish the new owners well, and hope they have some idea of what they have taken on..

PhilP

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
One problem that the new owner will have:

Not everything was produced in-house..
Will all the castings, and other ancillaries, still be available?

I fear it will take quite some time, for the range to become available, and it may well be, that some items never return?

I wish the new owners well, and hope they have some idea of what they have taken on..

PhilP
Yes when tye last guy took over it was some time before those cast couplings became available again.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
The catalogue was dramatically reduced once the business was first sold - Richard was an engineer, and even if he didn't produce the stuff, knew how to get it made.

One of the biggest losses was the Ashover wooden coach kit - especially as the live steam Accucraft Baldwin became available.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
The catalogue was dramatically reduced once the business was first sold - Richard was an engineer, and even if he didn't produce the stuff, knew how to get it made.

One of the biggest losses was the Ashover wooden coach kit - especially as the live steam Accucraft Baldwin became available.
And a real gentleman as well. His good lady was also very helpful and knowledgable.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
And a real gentleman as well. His good lady was also very helpful and knowledgable.
Yes, and like Paul (Casey) I enjoyed wandering around the Aladdin's cave in the old school at Bodham :nod::nod:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, and like Paul (Casey) I enjoyed wandering around the Aladdin's cave in the old school at Bodham :nod::nod:
I would liked to have visited, but I got the impression it wasn't open for visits

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I would liked to have visited, but I got the impression it wasn't open for visits
It was a good few years ago - before we moved up here, but when we used to holiday over on the other side by the Broads. I must have visited when Richard was looking to sell, as it was after I started the first Garden Railroad in West Sussex, but before we moved up here ........................... which was over 8 years ago :eek::eek:

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
It would seem that Brandbright is now trading, just put an order in :)
Beds Group are advertising in 16mm Bulletin Aug 22 this month that Brandbright will be at Steam in Beds later this year, 26/11/22 at EanBray Beds lu62dj.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
They had a small selection of bits at Peterborough

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
They had a small selection of bits at Peterborough
Yes remember that as well now, possibly the new owners are getting into gear in a modest way to start.