Book: Industrial Narrow Gauge Album, by Andrew Neale, Plateway Press

flyingsignalman

Narrow Gauge railways, Garden railways, Signalling
24 Oct 2009
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
I'm still waiting :( My SMT arrived last week so I'm starting to get a bit worried :banghead:

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
johnsaintjim - 2/12/2009 1:08 PM

<p><font size="2">I hope it's OK to give a bit more info about the Association of 16mm Narrow Gauge Modellers. I am only a mere member, not involved in running the Association at all, so this is very much from the punters point of view. Please don't take this as a commercial advert! I'm just pleased I joined!</font></p><p><font size="2">Membership is £17 a year and joining is easy - you can now pay via PayPal on the website at <a href="http://www.16mm.org.uk/">http://www.16mm.org.uk/</a> . According to the latest issue of the magazine Sixteen Millimetre Today (SMT) which came last week, membership is growing very fast, they think maybe helped by the ease of joining now provided on the web site.</font></p><p><font size="2">Despite some perceptions, there are loads of members on 45mm track and the cover of the magazine even has "32mm" and "45mm" on it.</font></p><p><font size="2">Frankly the four issues of SMT are worth the money but add to that the "free" new book which is the title of this thread plus other benefits, here picked from the web site:</font></p><ul><li><font size="2">Access to almost 30 years of 16mm modelling experience. Help and advice are willingly given. </font></li><li><font size="2">A copy of the new members guide to modelling in 16mm narrow gauge, with 42 pages of colour pictures, diagrams and text giving invaluable advice. Also included are details of many of the manufacturers and suppliers in our scale. </font></li><li><font size="2">High-quality full-colour magazine "16mm Today" every quarter. </font></li><li><font size="2">Quarterly newsletter with updates about national shows, area group events and local garden railway meetings; and a members sales and wanted section where you can find real bargains. </font></li><li><font size="2">Full public liability insurance cover for members' garden railway meetings and live steam locomotives. </font></li><li><font size="2">National garden railway show in the Spring. </font></li><li><font size="2">A lot of satisfaction and enjoyment! </font></li></ul><p><font size="2">For 17 notes a year, it really is a bargain.</font></p>

Add to this, belonging to the local area group for use of free running tracks, and the other freebies coming with the magazine over the past year.