Bodge it #3 - transporter wagon

adeshers

More sense than money .. more stupidity than sense
6 Nov 2009
NW Derbyshire
Best answers
Alec K said:
Brilliant - I bet it'll look the part in a mixed goods train!

Alec K

I hope so. When I get it back together I'll take a few piccies within a train but it won't be until Thursday (I'm on 12 hour days until then :- )

adeshers

6 Nov 2009
NW Derbyshire
Best answers
As promised a few pics (and a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am0TnpeR6-c < Link To Transporter Wagon Test .) of how the transporter wagon looks on a train. Hope you like 'em. It negotiates R1 curves okay but not so good over spring points (I think I will have to put metal wheels on the bogies :)
305ea503e924410db603cf06b6ffe1de.jpg

50bf088661404f3da821df4eba3002e0.jpg

A

Alec K

You must be pleased! It looks and runs really well, and is completely 'at home' in that train - much enjoyed the video. I wonder whether you're tempted to produce a standard gauge tank wagon, like the one I'm sure I've seen on old L and M cine footage?

Kind regards,

Alec K

adeshers

6 Nov 2009
NW Derbyshire
Best answers
Alec K said:
You must be pleased! It looks and runs really well, and is completely 'at home' in that train - much enjoyed the video. I wonder whether you're tempted to produce a standard gauge tank wagon, like the one I'm sure I've seen on old L and M cine footage?

Kind regards,

Alec K

Thank you for the kind comments. I hope to have two transporter wagons and a 'few' standard gauge wagons (including at least one milk tanker ;) ) in my fleet. I may not be able to afford the L&M but I'm there in spirit :D

A

Alec K

I know exactly what you mean. My attempt to reproduce the L and CR on a small raised garden railway might not convince everyone, but when I run a train of period rolling stock, I am, as you say, there in spirit at Treworgey crossing, watching it go through.

It's a great hobby, this: looking forward to seeing that tanker and another transporter wagon!

All the best,

Alec K

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Fantastic. Now can I work the transportion of standard gauge stock into the fake history of my railway?

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Brilliant stuff

It's always surprised me that we haven't seen more models of this sort, both from modellers of British outline, and European.

To me, it's one of the beauties of the quirkiness of the Narrow Gauge, and I love it.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: