Biko Saddle Tank Loco Questions

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Had a situation w/broken connector wires, and until Piko magnamously rectified it, I found some suitably sized brass tubing that fit snugly over the pins, soldered wires to the top, and insulated the top ends w/shrink tubing. Sorry I don’t know the brass tube diameter.

Thanks Arthur! I'm not even sure what Piko's own motor-block connectors actually look like, as I've never (yet) had occasion to need to dismantle one of the Piko locos I own down to gearbox level (only one was bought in analogue form, the BR24 Steppenpferd, and fitting a decoder was all done via the top of the tender). Is it individual push-on connectors, or some kind of moulded plug?

Jon.

LVT

Analogue automated LGB Euro on 4 loops
24 Oct 2009
Near Atlantic City NJ USA
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Arthur! I'm not even sure what Piko's own motor-block connectors actually look like, as I've never (yet) had occasion to need to dismantle one of the Piko locos I own down to gearbox level (only one was bought in analogue form, the BR24 Steppenpferd, and fitting a decoder was all done via the top of the tender). Is it individual push-on connectors, or some kind of moulded plug?

Jon.
Jon,
Individual—not very robust.

Reactions: 1 user

1to3

I'm New, Please Be Gentle
14 Sep 2015
Best answers
Country flag
I think the wiring you are looking for is shown in this video... around the 5 minute mark.
That look just like the internals of my saddletanks.