4 Nov 2013
Westhoughton, Bolton. UK
Country
Cyprus
www.issl.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Guys,

One of the best upgrades I have done on my Ender 5 Pro is install an raspberry pi 4B along with 7" touch screen using octoprint and octoscreen, i can now wirelessly print to the ender 5 pro rather than having to use the microsd card or usb cable, also the screen allows for control over the printer in a better way than the standard marlin screen does.

Its easy to install both bits of software on the raspberry pi and there are loads of instructions online along with videos explaining the process.

One other great upgrade is a glass print bed, swap to glass and make you life better, prints are so much nicer on glass and also the levelling process (especially when using bltouch) is easier as you get a perfectly flat bed to start with its just a case of getting the 4 corners level.

The next big upgrade i did i will cover in another post as that was much harder especially with having to compile the Marlin 2 software.

Reactions: 1 user

Railway42

LGB, Radio Control Model Boat, Electronics
28 Feb 2013
Cheddar
Best answers
Country flag
I have had my Creality Ender 3 for about 2 years and have incorporated many upgrades one of the best is the Marlin and the next is the BL touch.
A good site is
This man has lots of information. If you take your time setting your printer up it will give you excellent results. I have made many parts and find that the finish is good enough to use straight from the printer.20200803_092247.jpg

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
OK today I bit the bullet.. Cpc Farnels got my order, going to go octopus, wireless with a pi cammra.
So I can sit in my shed and keep a eye on it.. Screenshot_20200807_114321.jpg

Tanker man

G scale and 5 inch ride on
10 Jun 2015
Oxford
Best answers
Country flag
Slow down , Mike, I can't keep up with you!!...............had a real of filament delivered by UPS at lunch time and just received an email from the company but when I click on the tracking order number, UPS says it does not exist????..............so ' where, oh where has my little printer gone???'
Dave

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Found a old WiFi camera, while looking for a spare sd card.. And.. Well now I can keep a eye on it from the shed.. 2020y8M9d20h27m31s.jpg