Battery Borsig Beauty Treatment

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
I bought this little battery borsig (Spremberger) from Jon (zerogee) at G-Rail (hope you don't mind me using your original piccies Jon). The idea was to give grandson Luca his own LGB loco to run on my line.
2c694db81fd141328dbcfeba788cb2cd.jpg

c328243069f24c739fd03bf0a01fd648.jpg

I want to make it look a wee bit more like my locos before I give it to him (less toy-like), so I did a quick raid of the spares box and paint store, and here's the result so far.
91a39cf53c9d4b22be7878ee14ea532c.jpg

ec20318823724c7283c6a8a6c3491b4b.jpg

Water tank fillers donated from a spare toytrain Otto body. Vac pipes from the spares box (rear still to be fitted). Also got some spare Otto buffers kicking about to add later. Roof vent/cover made from 60 thou plasticard, and a new front coupling added.

I think he'll be a happy bunny when he sees it.

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Re:Battery Borsig Beuaty Treatment

Neat job mate :clap:.

Of course Luca is a VERY good driver ........... especially when it comes to inclines :D.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag

Great job - total transformation

Phil

Trains, Just Trains.
25 Oct 2009
Oldham, Manchester.
Best answers
Country flag

Why was it green in the first place? :rofl:
Looks great after a repaint! :D

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag

Phil said:

It was green because that's the colour Lehmann moulded it in at the factory, Phil.....
I'm not sure if ALL the old battery ones were green, or if there was a black run as well?

Gareth - looks very nice, amazing what some paint and just a few additions can do. Looks like you've even managed to straighten that little dent in the lip of the funnel, I didn't want to touch that in case I broke a chunk off it! Very glad that you're pleased with it, and I'm sure your grandson will love it. Does it run well on your line?

Any more elaborate plans for it, like a cheap R/C setup, or are you just going to leave it manual and let Luca chase it.....? ;)

Jon.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

Zerogee said:
It was green because that's the colour Lehmann moulded it in at the factory, Phil.....
I'm not sure if ALL the old battery ones were green, or if there was a black run as well?

Jon.
I've a black one? Brought it very cheap off Ebay.

Gave the track to someone on the forum and I still have the 2 wagons that came with it.

Great for the winter months, and for track checking.

Gareth's fine job has inspired me to have a go at improving mine....

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag

Zerogee said:
Phil said:

Gareth - looks very nice, amazing what some paint and just a few additions can do. Looks like you've even managed to straighten that little dent in the lip of the funnel, I didn't want to touch that in case I broke a chunk off it! Very glad that you're pleased with it, and I'm sure your grandson will love it. Does it run well on your line?

Any more elaborate plans for it, like a cheap R/C setup, or are you just going to leave it manual and let Luca chase it.....? ;)

Jon.

Well spotted Jon, yes I did manage to get the dent out of the funnel. Combination of careful bending with electrical pliers and filing. Runs well, Luca chuffed to bits with and there are plans to R/C it (although it would be funny to see Luca crawling the the trees and shrubs to catch it).

Latest progress is the fabrication of a rear buffer beam, addition of the Otto Buffers and fitting of front and rear vac pipes.

ace3984173f249ed9ef9f184825b6ffa.jpg

2a560b97a2724483955aaae2f66c0502.jpg

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers

Would love to get my hands on the diesel version. Nice job there mate!

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag