Baldwin 2-4-2

TheMartin

Registered
27 Jun 2014
Nottinghamshire
www.soarvalleygardenrailway.com
Best answers
I bought this Baldwin on my last visit to Back2Bay6 I had no intention of buying it. I was there to pick up some Cain Howley viaduct sections. I had told myself I might look for a loco suitable for converting into a halloween train... instead I walked away with the Baldwin.

I did`t have a plan for it until I saw Mel Turbett`s excellent work on his locos and decided to anglicise it... It will very much be a work in progress as I`d eventually like to replace the smokebox door and cab too!

It`s likely to not get run much as we generally seem to run Thomas and Friends... but given it was the last thing I bought from Steve it`s unlikley i`ll part with it.

I`ve also started to put together a goods train to go with it including some Swift Sixteen wagons and a brake van (more photos later)

20150809_173933467_iOS.jpg

I need a name for it at some point!

20150410_155324288_iOS.jpg

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Love the Tarp and the eylets. Superb concept.
JonD

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Like the wagon..
Need to get rid of that 'pile of paint tins' off-of the side of the smokebox to!
;) :D :happy: :happy:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
PhilP said:
Like the wagon..
Need to get rid of that 'pile of paint tins' off-of the side of the smokebox to!
;) :D :happy: :happy:

Oh not sure about that, the thought of the L&B with Westinghouse and all the Loco's Panting at Station Stops just like the Isle of Wight. Loverly.
JonD

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
dunnyrail said:
Oh not sure about that, the thought of the L&B with Westinghouse and all the Loco's Panting at Station Stops just like the Isle of Wight. Loverly.
JonD
It's just all these European loco's have all this plumbing, and 'stuff' stuck all over them.. Ours always seem a lot more 'refined'.. ::) ;) ;)