Backwoods station

Shawn

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
Last year Mik started a series of challenges on one of the other forums. It is ment to get people to build there own stuff for the railroad. There are no prizes, just for fun. Some of the rules are:
- 1 month to build
- cant spend more then $10 (try to use what you have already on hand)
- Each time it is a different theme. This one was to build a structure with a size limit.
- after the dead line we vote for a different catagory.
Last year i built a workcaboose and a fire car.

My project this time was to build a train station. The only research that went into it was going through a bunch of photos with train stations until I found something I liked. I came up with the current design from Garden RR plans but like all my stuff I tweaked it some to fit into my logging theme. Total cost for the project $0. I had everything on hand. Most of the station was built using wood - main beams are poplar while the siding and floor is cedar. Most of the details I either built or from ozarks that I had on hand. The roof is real metal rusted that I got off of an old local barn that was collapsed. I put the station on the layout for pictures but it is not where it will end up. Too much snow in the spot it will eventualy go.

280jg43.jpg

16c2vq0.jpg

ic1ks7.jpg

1ld3.jpg

2eec6c0.jpg

JRinTawa

Member of the Wellington Garden Railway Group
25 Oct 2009
Tawa
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
The bottle top signs appeal :)

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Neat - and well dressed!

Mick

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Can someone please tell me how many pix Shaun has put up? I can see one, but there are another 4 red crosses that wont open and disappear when I try only to return later.

Edit.

Huh! Isn't that just like it now I've gone back they are all there.

Cheers all.

C&S

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
Very nice, Shawn. I like the use of "found" materials; recognise several of the local characters, too, who all add to the effect.

Shawn

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
C&S said:
Very nice, Shawn. I like the use of "found" materials; recognise several of the local characters, too, who all add to the effect.
Thanks guys

LOL Giles those figures like to travel around especially overseas. I think Woodland scenics have the best figures and a good selection for the time period I model. Check out Railroad Ave figures they are also very nice and not as fragile (they are 1:20 scale but can be used if placed properly) I like to use them on my engines.
http://www.railroadavenue.com/Products.html

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent work there Shawn, I do like the figures they set the atmosphere