Back since 2012...

Paulus

Registered
13 Jan 2012
Best answers
Hello all!

Started a garden railway again in 2017, after been sidetracked for a few years. Not all too much time for it, but getting some things done now and than still gives a slow but steady progress on it.
Normally I posted on MyLargeScale, however it has became a very, very, quit forum the last years unfortunately. Some MLS members advised me G-Scale-Cental and when I tried to sign up it turned out I completely forgot that I already was a member here since 2012!! :wasntme:

So... hello again than! Looking forward to meet you!

Paulus

PS: When you are curious on how my garden railway looks, I try to keep up some sort of blog: A Small Garden Railroad

Here's a picture from last December:

Reactions: 1 user
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome, and most of us left MLS for largescalecentral.com .... since MLS became very commercial and system administrators deleted many picture files and never corrected.

Beautiful pictures! I've heard of snow before!

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
You have a fellow countryman and steam tram fan in Henri. Query on Rabbit Hill.

Reactions: 1 user

BakerJohn

Baker, Modeler, Flour Ambassador
3 Feb 2018
West Warwick, RI
leedshillrailroad.weebly.com
Best answers
Welcome back to the forum, Paulus. That's a great photo!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome back! - I think I remember the name from before??

Do you have an 'uncropped' picture of the building in the rear of your snowy picture, please?
PhilP.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome home Paulus....

Paulus

Registered
13 Jan 2012
Best answers
Thank you all very much for the warm welcome! :)

You have a fellow countryman and steam tram fan in Henri. Query on Rabbit Hill.

I don't know him. Is he a member here also?

Welcome back! - I think I remember the name from before??

Do you have an 'uncropped' picture of the building in the rear of your snowy picture, please?
PhilP.

That can be indeed Phil. The avatar you use looks familiar. Did you also posted on MLS, G-Scale Mad or Continental Garden Trains? Those where the forums I was most active on.
And here is a bigger picture of the building, although it is not in a very good shape at this moment. More pictures and information about the build can be found here: The little mansion

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I might have posted on MLS?? I was a little late for G-Scale Mad, and did not know about the Continental forum..

The avatar is me in the 7 1/4" gauge tram at the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway, Porthmadog.. I passed out as a Driver on their miniature line, but other commitments, mean I do not get over there either very often, or for very long. :(

Thank you for posting the picture, and the link.. Another few hours can be spent reading about the development of your line. :):clap::clap:

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Welkom! Nice to see a Fiery Elias in your opening picture! I love it!

I have quite a long thread here somewhere about my tiny garden layout, called Rabbit Hill Tramways. (ff klikken). Had to lift the layout due to garden remodelling, but fortunately I could start a new (but smaller) one last summer.

And yes, I love (steam) trams, railbusses, old diesels, and so on. Love the RTM and have a couple of their material lined up to be built by myself. I started with a Backer & Rueb (you found the thread already).

Paulus

Registered
13 Jan 2012
Best answers
Thanks Henri!

I have some serious reading to do on your Rabbit Hill Tramways thread but what I have seen scrolling through it is/was a beautiful layout (and becoming one again). Having a small garden layout myself also it is very interesting to see how you have build your layout and what ideas you came up with. And I noticed you had the same problems with that evil buxus-moth as I had... :( But luckily I don't have to fear rabbits ;)

Looking forward to follow the progress of the layout as well as that beautiful Backer & Rueb locomotive you are building. Houdoe uit Brabant!