Bachmann Trolley ?

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
It looks like the motor is connected wrong polarity. If you change the motor connections it should run the other way & stop when it passes the diode.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
So, on Evilbay there are a few Hartland Birneys. Harland streetcars and trolleys are priced a bit high, in my opinion. Have a look at what I can get for $300.00, used. New prices on the Bay are about $350.00 Only one axle is powered. No interior detailing and frosted windows.

Bachmann trolleys have a more robust motor block, it seems.

View attachment 253081View attachment 253082
Whilst they May be of doubtful value running and cost wise, they certainly are a nice looking little Trolley.

Last edited:

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
So, on Evilbay there are a few Hartland Birneys. Harland streetcars and trolleys are priced a bit high, in my opinion. Have a look at what I can get for $300.00, used. New prices on the Bay are about $350.00 Only one axle is powered. No interior detailing and frosted windows.

Bachmann trolleys have a more robust motor block, it seems.

View attachment 253081View attachment 253082
Please could you post a closer view to the motor unit and can someone tell how o get these motors? Her in Germany we call that a Tatzlagermotor. I just ordered two from ED's Gartenbahn / Netherland. They are made with LGB motors (you can have them with more expensive motors as well) A shapeway motorchassis comes with it. Costs 160,00 € ( June 2019)
If the Hartland motor is ok, so that would help me wit h my trams. In the next weeks / month (or years) I'll buildt simular ones, like this tram. Hagen and Wuppertal again.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Please could you post a closer view to the motor unit and can someone tell how o get these motors? Her in Germany we call that a Tatzlagermotor. I just ordered two from ED's Gartenbahn / Netherland. They are made with LGB motors (you can have them with more expensive motors as well) A shapeway motorchassis comes with it. Costs 160,00 € ( June 2019)
If the Hartland motor is ok, so that would help me wit h my trams. In the next weeks / month (or years) I'll buildt simular ones, like this tram. Hagen and Wuppertal again.

Unfortunately the photo I posted is from the internet, Ebay to be certain. Editing a photo from the internet is not one of my strong points. Perhaps someone else can help.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
These from Fosworks in UK may be an alternative, he has 2 types if you look at his listing.