Bachmann Spectrum 2-6-0 and 4-4-0

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Just a very short video of my Spectrum 2-6-0 running on battery power at Jerry's SC&M RR. And if anyone has some 4-4-0 bits, like the top of the steam dome with the whistles, or the cylinder covers, I'd like to hear from you!

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Sadly, I've just rescued a 4-4-0 from the scrap heap - fortunately it had all the important bits >:) >:)

DSCF1423-001.JPG

Eaglecliff

Registered
19 Jul 2010
Derby, England
Best answers
Country flag
Just a very short video of my Spectrum 2-6-0 running on battery power at Jerry's SC&M RR. And if anyone has some 4-4-0 bits, like the top of the steam dome with the whistles, or the cylinder covers, I'd like to hear from you!

Sadly, can’t help, but is the tender from an EBT Annie?

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
No. It's the tank from an Aristo classic 2-8-0 on the trucks from the original tender. I don't like the look of those mini tenders. I put the letters on from a sheet of dry transfers from the FEBT store. The 4-6-0 tenders have huge out of scale rivets.
EBT never had a 2-6-0 like this one, but someone remraked it had the flavor of their early engines.

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Just a note that there's a bunch of useful info posted on the Bachmann forums about the new axle gear they are providing from the Parts dept, and also the worm gear issue.

GeorgeD

Registered
3 Jan 2020
Redding CA
Best answers
I would like to get started in this hobby simply by making a coffe table sized diorama with one “steam” locomotive that runs on Trainli roller wheels disguised in the track. Wheels of loco rotate but loco does not move forward. Probably a yard of track crossing a shallow arroyo over a small bridge. Want a smallish narrow gauge type loco that would be used in the logging industry. Any ideas? Doubt will ever be used outside.
Thanks.
GeorgeD

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
George welcome to the forum, though sorry I can't help you as though I understand your concept, not sue what advice you want.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I would like to get started in this hobby simply by making a coffe table sized diorama with one “steam” locomotive that runs on Trainli roller wheels disguised in the track. Wheels of loco rotate but loco does not move forward. Probably a yard of track crossing a shallow arroyo over a small bridge. Want a smallish narrow gauge type loco that would be used in the logging industry. Any ideas? Doubt will ever be used outside.
Thanks.
GeorgeD
The little Bachmann 0-4-0 Porter might be a good one ;);)

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Want a smallish narrow gauge type loco that would be used in the logging industry. Any ideas?
George, I suggest you start a new thread with a new topic. The 2-6-0 and 4-4-0 are a bit big and not really logging engines.

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Looking and sounding good Fred. I can't help with the steam dome top. Yes, they just pull loose and get lost. I thought perhaps an Annie steam dome with the top cut off could be modified to suit but the top bit is a much larger diameter.

George. If you can fit, the Bachmann Climax are available for a reasonable price. Not exactly small but not so big either. It's a perfect logger and has the right visual wizzy things you need.
With a short skeleton log car, there would not be much clear track left in the display for the size you gave. Perhaps just enough though.

Last edited: