Reactions: 1 user

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
I don't see them listed there???

I can see them on estore.Bachmann trains in the US though.

I'm looking for some metal wheels as well. I bought some for another project a few months ago but can't remember where, and I didn't keep the receipt. Might have been evilbay.

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Replacement handrail parts received some time ago. I also now have LEDs, battery boxes, and resistors and am looking at the best option for securing and feeding them. I intend at least four in each roof. Five out of six are painted ready for re-assembly. People on order. Some @ 1:25 and some @ 1:30, probabnly not enough if I go through all my coaching stock but at least i'll get a look at 'em. At least I'm looking at the job! :p:p :giggle:

Last edited:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I don't see them listed there???

I can see them on estore.Bachmann trains in the US though.

I'm looking for some metal wheels as well. I bought some for another project a few months ago but can't remember where, and I didn't keep the receipt. Might have been evilbay.
You can sometimes find the under the Lilliput name :nod::nod:

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
S&D do them in pewter (?) but they don't seem to include the grab rails on the body ends, which Bachmann (Stateside) do. Only trouble now is, I could use one more set, but at $9.90 plus $19.90 P&P I don't think so. I'd have added a couple of other parts to easy the pain, but no longer available.

21/120!

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
The decide has been desicion'd! It was a touch tricky but someone provided the 6 million dollars!

The Leds have had two holes drilled in the roof light spreader-bars to take their wires; that will also ensure some insulative protection.

The holes were VERY small, in fact so small that I had to change the drill chuck to hold the drill (No 70).

J.S. Lighting (1) (600 x 450).jpg

J.S. Lighting (2) (600 x 450).jpg

The holes go through the webs and the wires are just spread on the other side once the Led is tight home.

J.S. Lighting (4) (600 x 450).jpg

My only question now is how many of these spreader-bars should be in each coach/baggage car? I took them all apart together and the parts have got a bit mixed. I have 6 cars but can find only 19 spreaders. Either way that doesn't compute, so something is a trifle odd.

Last edited:

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
The decide has been desicion'd! It was a touch tricky but someone provided the 6 million dollars!

The Leds have had two holes drilled in the roof light spreader-bars to take their wires that will also ensure some insulative protection.

The holew were VERY small, in fact so small that I had to change the drill chuck to hold the drill (No 70).

View attachment 243264

View attachment 243265

The holes go through the webs and the wires are just spread on the other side once the Led is tight home.

View attachment 243266

My only question now is how many of these spreader-bars should be in each coach/baggage car? I took them all apart together and the parts have got a bit mixed. I have 6 cars but can find only 19 spreaders. Either way that doesn't compute, so something is a trifle odd.
Could it be that the baggage cars have less spreader bars....

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Could it be that the baggage cars have less spreader bars....

I suspected that. Also the Combi may have one less and perhaps those without lighting fitted as std., may have a full 5. I dare say it will survive, but I will curse roundly if I turn up one or more extra, just as I'm fitting the last screw!

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
To finish this thread (about lighting coaches) off, here is the end result.

DSC_0002a (600 x 191).jpg

The Baggage car (left) has only one, and is probably still a bit too well lit for a baggage car.

The combine has three, two in the passenger compartment, and one in the baggage section, which is defo too much. I'm thinking of removing that one as there seems enough bleed over from the other compartment (or complete the partition up to the roof line).

The coaches all have four, and three would probably have been enough, though it does give a nice even spread.

All the insides are painted off-white, something darker would probably also calm down some of the glare (but not that from over the fence!:banghead::banghead:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users