DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I have created an album for Bachman and Liliput model trams, the reason behind creating this album is to capture a collection of these models as produced so I and anyone else can see what models have been produced over the years.

I will get the models I have out of their boxes tonight (when someone is out of the house) and upload photos of them.

Can others with different models from any listed please upload pictures so I and others can see what have been produced over the years, thanks.

David

Nigel273

Registered
8 Apr 2021
Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
I have created an album for Bachman and Liliput model trams, the reason behind creating this album is to capture a collection of these models as produced so I and anyone else can see what models have been produced over the years.

I will get the models I have out of their boxes tonight (when someone is out of the house) and upload photos of them.

Can others with different models from any listed please upload pictures so I and others can see what have been produced over the years, thanks.

David
I would love to see it when you have finished it I have a emmet Kelly circus train but don’t no what year it was mady

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I've updated the setting so anyone can add photos, which was the original intention, sorry, I'll get the hang of this yet.

3 photos of trams from others added to the album.

David

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I have uploaded pictures of all the Bachmann and Liliput tram models I am aware of, if anyone knows of any others please add a photo, thanks.

David

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Their seem to be a few more Bachmann and Liliput G Scale trams out there than I thought, that's another one I found a photo of last night, and one that I found a photo of on-line which I thought was a repaint arrived in the mail today and its definitely not been modified.

Does anyone have any models I haven't yet listed a photo of?

David

SevenOfDiamonds

Registered
3 Jan 2010
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone have any models I haven't yet listed a photo of?
I don't have either (or even seen them "in the flesh") but it seems that the Bachmann closed tram has been produced in two different Christmas liveries, with "snowy windows", though both (I think) had the same reference number (93941) . . .

1624028115059.png1624028140543.png

I guess the red box is later than the maroon one.

All the best

David

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
There are quite a few variations of the Bachmann Christmas trolleys.tram 1.jpgtram 2.jpgtram 3.jpg
All came with cat no 93941
Bachmann also made a few specials, one for an organisation called Sams Club was in a set with a Christmas train. Cut down to a price with no lights & no gnome on the back.sam.jpg
Another was for a retail outfit called Dillards. Supplied with a length of steel track & a pair of buffers. It had sound & a shuttle system but everyone I came across had a duff PCB. The inscription on the side was "North Pole Trolley"
dilllard.jpg

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
SWMBO will do her dinga (Scottish term for not be happy) if she knows another wee model has joined the fleet ;)
She possibly has a point, collecting G Scale Trains is certainly a space hungry occupation. I started collecting LGB Steam Trams and Trams. I gave up on the Trams when LGB brought out the Pink one! I still have all of my collection being to the best of my knowledge 1 Steam Tram missing from the pre Maerklin days. I have thinned out the LGB Electric Trams a bit and may well be thinning them out some more before long

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
She possibly has a point, collecting G Scale Trains is certainly a space hungry occupation. I started collecting LGB Steam Trams and Trams. I gave up on the Trams when LGB brought out the Pink one! I still have all of my collection being to the best of my knowledge 1 Steam Tram missing from the pre Maerklin days. I have thinned out the LGB Electric Trams a bit and may well be thinning them out some more before long
Let me know if you thin out your Bachmann trams, I still have a couple I have seen come up anywhere.

I decided not to bother with the LGB trams, just the Bachmann ones.
I also decided from the outset that any steam tram models need to be live steam for me, one of those personal things.

I was looking at one of the yellow open cars I have which I now plan to remove the clerestory from the roof of.
The Bachmann trams lend themselves quite well to being used as a base model to produce something different, I'm a little surprised not to see more of them having been tweaked.

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
Heres one I made earlier. It's a trailer as there is no room underneath to fit a decent mech.open (Medium).jpg

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Heres one I made earlier. It's a trailer as there is no room underneath to fit a decent mech.View attachment 295769
If you are happy building your own truck you could use a fosworks traction motor, that's what I'll be using under my powered yellow open tram.

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Well it's been a while since something new joined the fleet.

After making a bad purchase on evil bay and getting stuck with a square banana, it was nice to pick this pair up for less than I had expected.

Anyhow, that's another 2 ticked off one list and added to the to do list.

Attachments

• 20230321_133902.jpg
    20230321_133902.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 0

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag