Aristo track with LGB

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hi All, I am contemplating an extension to my railway. I have just seen over on private sales that one of our members has listed a bunch of track - can I use it fine in the garden with LGB....

If someone can answer qucikish be very grateful!

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
Yes

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
thanks....

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
yeah, it joins no problem. used to be quite alot cheaper too. dont think thats the case anymore, since LGB went tits up.

Mikado

Registered
28 Oct 2009
Best answers
It is a good fit, the only possible issue is that it tarnishes to a diffent colour to LGB.

cheers Mikado

Montblanc

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Albertville, Savoie, France
Best answers
Aristo rails have a slightly different color from the beginning (more yellow). Also they come in two different versions : european and US. The european ones have a larger space between the sleepers and they match exactly LGB. But, to me, the difference is not a big problem, visually speaking.

JP

LVT

Analogue automated LGB Euro on 4 loops
24 Oct 2009
Near Atlantic City NJ USA
Best answers
Country flag
There are minute differences in the profiles of the joiners; so I recommend that you use rail clamps or some other method of bonding where you transition between the two brands of track. Twelve years' experience shows it holds up as well as LGB.

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
I Have used both Aristo and LGB track with no problems

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
LGB, Piko, Aristocraft and USAT track is all code 332 and it can be used together....

chris m01

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Birmingham, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Similar - Aristo, LGB, USA Trains & Accucraft -all used together - no worries

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Have used Aristocraft track with LGB track for at least 5 years as soon as I discovered that Aristocraft does a choice of curves upto 10ft radius - I much prefer using fixed radius curves rather than trying to bend so-called flexi-track.

One thing I have noticed is that the Aristocraft sleepers weather at a faster rate than LGB sleepers - they take on a greyish-sheen especially if they get the sun (when it shines!!) for most of the day. Nothing yet, though, has disintegrated......