Aristo-Craft UK Class 66 locos

The Devonian

Registered
17 Nov 2009
South Hams
Best answers
Country flag
A post today by Lewis Polk, President of Aristo-Craft Trains, on the Aristo Forum says that a new consignment of UK Class 66 locos are due in a few weeks. Hopefully all those waiting for them will have them running by Easter. I guess those are the ones listed with this symbol ( § ) on the Bachmann UK web site.

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/prod1.php?prod_selected=aristo&prod=21 < Link To http://www.bachmann.co.uk...ted=aristo&prod=21

mmts

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Essex and you dont need your passport
Best answers
Country flag
hoorrraaayyyyy
only been waiting two years!!
lets hope my retailer isnt going to try and charge me any more money as the price seems to have gone up :(

The Devonian

Registered
17 Nov 2009
South Hams
Best answers
Country flag
There are no Class 66 locos on my railroad as it is all USA outline.

I did see some Aristo-Craft Class 66 locos in operation at a railway exhibition last year. I was impressed by their appearance and operating and must say I really did like the look of them. There appearance did, in fact, remind me somewhat of my favourite British diesel loco, the Class 52 so well loved in the Western part of the Country.

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers
I have one from the original batch, I Think the detail is superb, even got the hotplate in the cab on the 2nd mans side, battery isolating switch, parking brake, prototype no1 cab slighly larger than no2. As well as many other great bits of detal.

If I see a freightliner one for the right price I'll get one to. Always wanted to be able to say "I drove that in real life" the the kids I don't yet have.

Especially as Aristo are not persuing the Uk outline any further, and Accucraft have binned the idea get them while you can. Shame, If they had made a Class 37 or something that Train enthusiasts like they may have sold more and had a greater demand of people buying them as static models. Cl. 66 is hated by a lot of train enthusiasts.

fm12

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Yorkshire born and bred,but now in France
Best answers
Deleted see below.
I`ll get the hang of this posting game soon

fm12

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Dave Hub said:
I have one from the original batch, I Think the detail is superb, even got the hotplate in the cab on the 2nd mans side, battery isolating switch, parking brake, prototype no1 cab slighly larger than no2. As well as many other great bits of detal.

If I see a freightliner one for the right price I'll get one to. Always wanted to be able to say "I drove that in real life" the the kids I don't yet have.

Especially as Aristo are not persuing the Uk outline any further, and Accucraft have binned the idea get them while you can. Shame, If they had made a Class 37 or something that Train enthusiasts like they may have sold more and had a greater demand of people buying them as static models. Cl. 66 is hated by a lot of train enthusiasts.

Going Loco at Outwood (only 5 minutes from Leeds freightliner) had one for sale last time I was in @£329.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
55.5 said:
Whats the minimum curve they will run on?
LGB R3 (4 ft or 1200mm radius/8 ft or 2400mm diameter)....

LTfan

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Why not buy a cheap 2nd hand Class 66, some sticky-back plastic and some blu-tac, then make yourself one of these?

9aabf2d1986542fa98e8f9d35f6cd068.jpg

43967a37b3c04e63869f7b13f4c531b7.jpg

David

E

Elmtree Line

Tempted by the DB Schenker version.

madman1981

Registered
26 Dec 2009
Milton Keynes
Best answers
Has anyone asked a dealer on the due date of these? ive noticed 3 are currently on ebay at present and im getting an itchy clicker finger 8|to buy one but really fancy a DB Schenker one so would be best to wait? :clap:

E

Elmtree Line

Bachmann are expecting these to dock with the next container in early March.

They could be in the shops late March or April.

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers
Elmtree Line said:

I wonder if that container will be on the back of my train???

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers

aceinsp

Registered
28 Jan 2010
USA North Georgia
Best answers
Be nice if they where offered here in the states besides e-bay. Later RJD

fm12

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Dave Hub said:
Elmtree Line said:

I wonder if that container will be on the back of my train???

Or the back of my truck

E

Elmtree Line

As an update:

These models are booked to dock towards the end of March.

You may just see these in the shops for Easter.

themole

tramways
25 Oct 2009
In a burrow.
Best answers
Country flag
Fine on the UK class 66 locos ---------still waiting for the Aristo-Craft PCC cars:rofl::rofl::rofl: Alyn

madman1981

Registered
26 Dec 2009
Milton Keynes
Best answers
These are now listed on Dragon G Scales website at 345 :)

R J Mitchell

Registered
5 Feb 2010
Best answers
tac said:
This came about purely because the basic motor trucks are identical to those of the AristoCraft Dash 9 - simple when you consider that EMD built both real locos in London ONT.
Class 66 locos were built by EMD in London, ONT. Dash 9 locos are a General Electric design and were built in Erie, PA.