Another LGB EPL question

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
OK, I am gradually converting to battery power. What this has done for me is allow me to actually operate my trains in a more hands on fashion. Until this year, I was strictly track powered and went with the hands off operation method. I have some automated running,m if I use track power, where more than one train operates on the same track. Each train controlling one another via 17100 reed switches and point motors etc. Now that I am on battery power, I want to control some of those same point motors using the LGB 51750 momentary control box.

Is there any reason why I can't control one switch motor with two different methods. In other words, one method would be the 17100 contacts, while the alternate method would be the 51750 box. I would have to place a SPDT switch in the mix to switch from one method to the other. Am I missing anything?

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
I can't see any problem in principle.

Dependant on your wiring may get away with an on/off switch to cut the power supply to the reed switches only when you don't want these to operate with the 51750 box power on all the time.

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
If you wire the EPL set up with one feed you will just need to switch that off. You can leave the switch box live all the time. Or even simpler just remove the actuating magnets from the battery loco's and leave everything live.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks. I thought that I was on the right track :D