Android Devices As Throttles

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
I'm using the roco Z21 and adding a 7.5 amp booster. MTS has become the back up ;) only downside is people who aren't used to touch screens find it a bit lacking in feel. I felt the same but as I've used touchpads more I've got quite used to it and use the edge of the phone as the reference point without having to look at it. With all the armoured cases available robustness is no longer an issue either.

bunnyrabbit03

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Wiltshire
Best answers
Yes, I read good things about the Z21 - it has some innovative features.

I like the use of tablets or iPods - controlling trains while browsing the Internet and streaming music :D

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Cliff George said:
ntpntpntp said:
I was sitting on the side wondering when the question of how to do this with Massoth gear would come up.

Use RocRail:

http://wiki.rocrail.net

It's open source, free, supports Massoth, has handheld apps, and just for Mike apparently works on a MAC.

I was wondered when a real use for a Rasberry Pi would come up!
Oooooooooeeew a nice shiney Mac app....now you're talking :party:

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
bunnyrabbit03 said:
Yes, I read good things about the Z21 - it has some innovative features.

I like the use of tablets or iPods - controlling trains while browsing the Internet and streaming music :D

Now steady on. Isnt' that classified as mult-tasking :D

mikesilky

Registered
23 Mar 2011
SE London
Best answers
Country flag
Cliff George said:
Use RocRail:

http://wiki.rocrail.net

It's open source, free, supports Massoth, has handheld apps, and just for Mike apparently works on a MAC.

Interesting that this supports Massoth, yet Massoth themselves seem protective of details of their protocol. I wonder if they reverse engineered it?

Regardless, given that RocRail is GPL and as a result the protocol will to some extent be out "in the wild", it might not be too long before some enterprising individual adds DiMAX support to JMRI's offerings.

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag
Has anyone used Rocrail with the 1200z? If so, what is the procedure please?

Paul