And I Eat My Own Words...

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah had had similar experience with Bachmann, either they know it right off and have it, or you are transferred to an alternate reality where nothing is possible.

Each manufacturer has it's own personality. You did hear NWSL is shutting down, right?

Greg

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Yus, I heard that earlier this year. Another highly-regarded source of quality parts bites the dust - it's a real shame. Same happened with Mr Sheridan a few years back. As you may recall, it was a one-man band, and I lucked in to the very last shorty caboose via pal Phil Dipple, who also managed to snag me an interior parts detail set. An all-wood model has a certain kind of 'woodiness' that plastic just cannot replicate.

Reactions: 1 user

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Wodidowodido? I put images up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
An all-wood model has a certain kind of 'woodiness' that plastic just cannot replicate.
That will probably be the Wood I guess!

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Didn’t Märklin have a dinky little variant the PtL2 Glaskasten?
Or was that something different?
I was very tempted by one a few years ago but managed to resist it!
(I see this is marked PtL1 but was described as a 2)
(CBDC09D2-9688-42A0-A86C-DCD26BF0358E.jpeg

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Didn’t Märklin have a dinky little variant the PtL2 Glaskasten?
Or was that something different?
I was very tempted by one a few years ago but managed to resist it!
(I see this is marked PtL1 but was described as a 2)
(View attachment 252649

Aster also made a version in G1 live-steam. I recall chasing one around a track, trying to catch the little beggar as it was not only VERY hot, but making around 300 scale mph....

Last edited:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah had had similar experience with Bachmann, either they know it right off and have it, or you are transferred to an alternate reality where nothing is possible.

:clap:

Greg

I'm not sure that they were necessarily there to help - as you say, when it comes to parts it is either yes or no.

However, when I asked for a parts diagram earlier in the year, they emailed it within 48 hrs :clap::clap:

On the down side - was it entirely helpful? .......... ah, well :think::think:

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
Dang! This Piko 0-6-0 does make a pretty decent freight puller,at least. I've got it hauling 6 freight cars, and it's moving them nicely. Even at minimum power,which makes for a nice, slow freight train. You know: the kind of train that seems to take forever as it slowly rolls through the crossing.