An experiment, it works and now fitted

Mikado455

Registered
24 Aug 2023
northampton uk
Best answers
Country flag
A little while ago no 3 son gave me a scrap bachmann tank car,the car was really beyond repair and only had one truck and wheels so i get to thinking,could I make a truck from scrap styrene off cuts? Well gave it a go and the results so far seem fine, a push test yesterday went well and handles both LGB and Peco points. The plan is to use it on the snow plow and gain one truck back with metal wheels to build another car and I still have to work out the correct distance from the truck cross beam to the car frame.Sorry for the file dust as it was on the bench while doin` something else.
Np 3 son packed up with his garden line as now plays with the big boys on a local preserved railway as does his girlfriend and my grandson:cool::DIMG_20231025_145819 (1).jpg:D:D,fitted now to the snow plow, together with the one truck that came with the scrap tank car, the trucks from the plow will be used as a pair for another build., It will need some sort of push bar instead of a coupling as when full of stone when plowing I cant risk couplings locking up and derailing the loco and send it over the edge and a 3ft drop,IMG_20231105_122539.jpgIMG_20231105_123118.jpg as for the plow,,,works fine so just waiting for the snow

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user