Amax/Newqida Restaurant Car Bash

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
yb281 said:
whatlep said:
Neil Robinson said:
Seriously impressed.
Remind me, what's Ruritainia's national dish and is it served in the new carriage?

Black pudding in mustard sauce with a side dish of pork scratchings. :clap: Pickled red cabbage is optional but considered desirable by those in fashionable circles, the French ambassador naturally excepted.

Ruritanian Railways is keenly interested in viewing this new and delightfully appointed vehicle from our friends from the north. Watch this space!

Worth spending that bit extra IMO and go for the gourmet version - a pork pie garnish stuck in the top. Mmmmmmmmmmmm :admire::admire::admire::admire:
I thought I'd heard Ruritania was famous for it's tomatoes somewhere?

Smashing job btw Gareth....

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
They look very nice Gareth :clap: You will have to come over and give them a run hopefully with some better weather this time .

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
They look very nice Gareth :clap: You will have to come over and give them a run hopefully with some better weather this time .

dragon

Video. Photography. Garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Richie said:

Perhaps you would like to come over twice?

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Neil Robinson said:
Gizzy said:

Don't you mean infamous? :rofl:

Look - fail to listen to SWMBO for 10 seconds (OK about a minute and a half) and I expect a degree of pain from her, but you guys are supposed to be on MY side! :crying:

garrymartin

My Family,Railways, Beer and the Seaside
30 Oct 2009
Now Derbyshire !
Best answers
Country flag
An excellent build , that rake of coaches looks fantastic, I would never have believed they started life as the cheepo coaches.
Cheers Garry

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
whatlep said:
Neil Robinson said:
Gizzy said:

Don't you mean infamous? :rofl:

Look - fail to listen to SWMBO for 10 seconds (OK about a minute and a half) and I expect a degree of pain from her, but you guys are supposed to be on MY side! :crying:
But we are on your side Peter?

No need to see ketchup red....

Waldgrun

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Yr Ystog Powys
Best answers
Gareth,
Having followed both this thread and your other one ref repainting these wee beasties. I intend to repaint and slightly improve the two examples I own. Please can you tell me how you made the handles for the sliding doors.

Many Thanks.

Brian

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
No problem Brian,

Just made from bending a piece of brass handrail wire and super-gluing it in place in the original locating holes on the doors.

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Waterslide transfer papers arrived today so I can start lettering it all up now.

In the meantime I managed to find a piccy of a "virgin" coach straight out of the box as it were, so here's a quick before and after comparison.

7ca9545750164a6cb90cff84660da623.jpg
08568a355662420fbd5bd32cc21e2972.jpg

Waldgrun

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Yr Ystog Powys
Best answers
Thanks Gareth,
I was thinking way over the top something like bending and filing brass pins, overlooked the simplest way!