Along the W&L side of my raised line

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
A few additions to the UK style of my dual theme railway(other have is USA style logging). Added the UK style signal(the remaining LGB one will go away soon), new station and platforms built from IP Engineering laser cut wood kits. I water sealed them and painted before putting them on the railway. The wall lights came from the doll house isle at the local Hobby Lobby store. I will put down roof shingles under all of this area so I can ballest the track and get some moss to grow to give this area more of a UK feel. This portion is under a large tree and in the shade nearly all day during the summer time, so moss does well here. Its also in the lee of the house and shielded from the worst of the winter wind.
Welshpool-station.jpg

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
That wood already looks well distressed, I would be tempted to give it some protection, so put Roofing Felt on top then a dose or Rowlands Mix would work well. Rowlands mix being Peat (or substitute) 2 parts, sharpe River Sand 2 parts and Cement 1/2 part. Mix this with Rain Water and apply on top of the Felt As a Trackside and Ballast effect. The Moss will soon appear judging by the sound of the location. Never be tempted to water with Household Water as this is death to Peat, just use Rainwater at all times.