After Shuttlegate a little relaxation

Paul2727

Registered
5 Jun 2018
The Cotswolds
Best answers
Country flag
After the last few frustrating days with the shuttle unit of doom, I decided I needed a little relaxation...
So razor saw in hand I looked in the project box for a suitable victim... "M'Haa, Haa..!"
Back to reality...
The box produced a cute little Playmobil Model T lorry and a couple of less that happy Otto / Porter chassis's.
After some careful measuring and some stress busting sawing I had reached stage one of the bash. (Dry build, just to see what looks right.) The cab and bonnet need to be raised about 4mm to my eye and the front of the chassis still needs lengthening and shaping. Oh, and no the steering wheel isn't going to be a permanent fixture.

It's going to be a little petrol rail truck owned by the local vineyard in knallhart (Just down the line from Welcher Berg.) Hopefully it will be finished in time for Welcher Berg's famous wine and cheese festival. (All comers cheese rolling included.)

Please see photos. (Elias for scale.) 2018-08-28 001 001.JPG2018-08-28 001 002.JPGMore to come as progress 'um' progresses.
I value you comments.
Paul.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
A clever idea, well thought of.

Reactions: 1 user

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Love those playmo vehicles.
My truck is green.
And, i (my son) have the bid old 1912 ish open car,

Nice conversion.

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Cool little truck

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
After the last few frustrating days with the shuttle unit of doom, I decided I needed a little relaxation...
So razor saw in hand I looked in the project box for a suitable victim... "M'Haa, Haa..!"
Back to reality...
The box produced a cute little Playmobil Model T lorry and a couple of less that happy Otto / Porter chassis's.
After some careful measuring and some stress busting sawing I had reached stage one of the bash. (Dry build, just to see what looks right.) The cab and bonnet need to be raised about 4mm to my eye and the front of the chassis still needs lengthening and shaping. Oh, and no the steering wheel isn't going to be a permanent fixture.

It's going to be a little petrol rail truck owned by the local vineyard in knallhart (Just down the line from Welcher Berg.) Hopefully it will be finished in time for Welcher Berg's famous wine and cheese festival. (All comers cheese rolling included.)

Please see photos. (Elias for scale.) View attachment 242592View attachment 242593More to come as progress 'um' progresses.
I value you comments.
Paul.
Think I have one of those playmobil trucks, can't just when I thought I was getting caught up with my bashing. Good job, Bill

Paul2727

Registered
5 Jun 2018
The Cotswolds
Best answers
Country flag
Think I have one of those playmobil trucks, can't just when I thought I was getting caught up with my bashing. Good job, Bill
Hi Bill,
I see you found the thread then.
It's coming along Ok. Bonnet lifted 6mm but cab left where it was. Chassis lengthened and excess running boards removed. Wooden buffer beams fitted front and rear. (The porter wanted hers back.) Link and pin buffers fitted (With option for LGB couplings.)
36 x 1:20ish green wine bottles ordered. I'll make my own wooden crates for them when they arrive.
Barrels opened and filled with lead shot for weight. Lorry back raised 2 mm to allow for wiring for lights.
Front lights relocated to either side of radiator and drilled for leds. Cab glazing cut. Steering wheel removed.
Cab and bonnet made into one unit and primed.
Lorry back and sign board may be left removable to enable different options. (Fuel tanker, crew carrier, kebab van etc.)
Photo's to follow when the 'battery fairy' that pinched the ones out of my camera owns up....
One thing I'm not sure of, is what colour to spray the thing. I'm leaning towards dark blue. But any suggestions except pink welcome.
Regards,
Paul.
NB: I've got one of those daft LGB field-bahn barrel wagons coming for it to pull. Now all I need is a source of 1:20.3 drunks and we're good to go.

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
I thought the original green was good either that or a real dark blue, anyway I will make a nice addition I'll have to dig mine out but as I remember it had some nice spoke wheels which would look good if usable. Very nice bash, Bill

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
I thought the original green was good either that or a real dark blue, anyway I will make a nice addition I'll have to dig mine out but as I remember it had some nice spoke wheels which would look good if usable. Very nice bash, Bill

Paul2727

Registered
5 Jun 2018
The Cotswolds
Best answers
Country flag
Yes they do have some nice spoked wheels. However, had I wanted to use them in the position intended would have resulted in quite a long wheelbase and too wide a gauge. So it had to be smaller ones to fit under the frame rater than outside it.
Plus I had these two damaged Otto chassis that were crying out to be used for something. I'm sure the original wheels will come in for something though.
Regards,
Paul.

Last edited:

Paul2727

Registered
5 Jun 2018
The Cotswolds
Best answers
Country flag
Me again'
As I'm currently unable to use my camera, I thought I'd share some of what inspired me.
I'm don't who built the green rail truck, if it's a model of a real vehicle or indeed what scale it is (Definitely G or larger judging by the track and garden setting.) But I think it's brilliant. 1st one I've seen with side rods.
The green and white Playmobil truck is what my project started out as, and the ice cream truck version is something I'd love to get my grubby paws on. This is one of the catalysts for my idea to have interchangeable rear sections.
Paul.

Attachments

• Irish railtruck.jpg
    Irish railtruck.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 0
  • playmobil lorries.jpg
    playmobil lorries.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 0

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
Me again'
As I'm currently unable to use my camera, I thought I'd share some of what inspired me.
I'm don't who built the green rail truck, if it's a model of a real vehicle or indeed what scale it is (Definitely G or larger judging by the track and garden setting.) But I think it's brilliant. 1st one I've seen with side rods.
The green and white Playmobil truck is what my project started out as, and the ice cream truck version is something I'd love to get my grubby paws on. This is one of the catalysts for my idea to have interchangeable rear sections.
Paul.
Yea, but if you got a hold on the ice-cream truck you would probably up all the profits, had no idea they made that many models