Adding Sound

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
Re:Adding Sound

i suppose its up to my dad what he does, but regarding the shortie, its looking much more dificult than i thought it would be, so maybe il just put the chip for dcc in it. pity because i did want just one loco with dcc and sound. this is my only lgb loco, and thought it would be simple. i am proven wrong lol. and the usat dcc and sound idea sounds a nightmare, and no suitable sounds for aristocraft. il stick with silent locos for now. thanks anyway.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Re:Adding Sound

duncan1_9_8_4 said:
My shortie has a jumper cable from loco to tender, and in the tender, the wires go to the head lamp, and plug socket in rear of the tender. No speaker, but the hole is there for one. But no where to plug anything else in sich as speaker or decoder. il post pics as and when i get home. Cheers.

The wires on Massoth speakers are reasonably long, and in any case can be extended quite easily - so it shouldn't be difficult to put the speaker in the tender, and run the cable back to the loco where the decoder will be installed (if necessary, via a plug and socket joint so that the tender can be disconnected when required).

I know some of all this advice may sound confusing, but when you actually do the job it really isn't that difficult - don't give up!

Jon.