Accucraft Lyn

pmorgan_cym

Registered
22 Apr 2010
Best answers
Country flag
As we seem to be in an Accucraft frame of mind this week. With all the excitment over the Leader. The apparent re-release of Lyn seems to be overshadowed, are there any improvements over previous models? (And as a prospective buyer, any inheritant problems with the design as it was one of their earlier models). Oh an any idea how/where/if that horrible stove pipe chiment could be replaced for one representing the original as built?

thecsmann

Registered
30 Dec 2009
Crawley, west sussex
www.freewebs.com
Best answers
58189_124837624232223_100001179570339_128805_1888676_n.jpg
hi

i got one in august but did not get to run it until this month, only improvements i can find are, cab roof hinged defentley(can also be removed easley) coal load in bunker. the burner it has is as good as a roundhouse one(about time ) give so much heat stays just below blow off point the hole run.

when it first run it keep on derailing , then the front pony truck broke, after fixing ti is now a very very good runner.

MAYBACH

Hydraulics, Motorhead, biscuits, cake, VW's
26 Oct 2009
Devon (HYDRAULIC COUNTRY)
Best answers
Country flag
Hi thecsmann.
Any chance of a nice side on pic of her as I have seen one that seemed to be a bit naff as regards paint colour shade and the "Southern" lettering looked odd too. We were wondering if it had been a plain black one that had been repainted? Yours looks very neat and sharp in the picture though so it looks like that may have been the case!
Cheers
Rob