A Very Windy Day

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Folks, Thomas and his friends have been filmed this week on Pine Tree Junction as winds from Hurricane Ophelia hit the British Isles. The Music is The Hallelujah Chorus from The Messiah written in 1741 by George Frideric Handel. Hope you like it!

Reactions: 4 users

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Great video, and great work by Thomas, even high winds AND leaves on the line couldn't stop him!

But shouldn't Winston and his twin be doing jobs like this?

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
Another great video. I was amazed by the lack of fallen leafs on the track and environs.
Hi There! Great to hear from you. Hope all is well at Charnwood. You should have seen the track and the garden about two hours later. The winds really brought down all the leaves, pine needles and apples. It took most of Tuesday morning to clear up. Hope Charnwood survived the storm. Thanks again and you take care!

Reactions: 1 user

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
Great video, and great work by Thomas, even high winds AND leaves on the line couldn't stop him! But shouldn't Winston and his twin be doing jobs like this?

Hi, Thanks for the post and glad you liked our latest video. I' afraid Winston was left in the station this time. As Winston is track powered and with all the leaves and pine needles on the line, it was best to leave him in the station. Our Thomas is RC battery powered so is must better suited for these kind of jobs. As with any of our little videos, there's lots of starts and stops so Thomas is very good at performing for the camera. All good fun! Take care!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, Thanks for the post and glad you liked our latest video. I' afraid Winston was left in the station this time. As Winston is track powered and with all the leaves and pine needles on the line, it was best to leave him in the station. Our Thomas is RC battery powered so is must better suited for these kind of jobs. As with any of our little videos, there's lots of starts and stops so Thomas is very good at performing for the camera. All good fun! Take care!
Thomas is the proof of Battery Power if ever there was one, great slow running. Now how about a battery conversion for Winy? There is a challange, but if people can now do 00 Battery DCC I am sure Winy is possible.

Oh great Vid as well. Love the Historical reminder at the end of that crazy Saharan Dust riddled Sun.
JonD

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
i want that dog on the platform..
nice video as always.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
My favourite composer - just had to turn the volume up! Handel moves the soul. Nice video (as per your norm!). Have always like that traction engine too - said he covetously:inlove:

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
Thomas is the proof of Battery Power if ever there was one, great slow running. Now how about a battery conversion for Winy? There is a challange, but if people can now do 00 Battery DCC I am sure Winy is possible.

Oh great Vid as well. Love the Historical reminder at the end of that crazy Saharan Dust riddled Sun.
JonD
Hi, Now that's a challenge and we love a challenge. Look out for a battery powered Winston video coming soon to Pine Tree Junction. Thanks for the post and glad you liked the video. It was all made very quickly and worked out better than expected. Sometimes, keeping things simple is the best strategy - even with Thomas videos. Take care!

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
i want that dog on the platform..
nice video as always.
Hi, Our Grandsons love the Playmobil Dog which also has a puppy. Having the little animals about the track makes for much better play value when they come to Grandad's to play trains in the garden. Thanks for the post and you take care!

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
My favourite composer - just had to turn the volume up! Handel moves the soul. Nice video (as per your norm!). Have always like that traction engine too - said he covetously:inlove:
Hi, Thanks for the great post. We also love the Messiah having sung it lots of times at various concerts. Both my wife and I are music fans as I was a Music Teacher a long time ago and my wife a professional singer. That's why all our videos have music. It's just what we do. The D. R. Mercer looks great in the video and she runs well when we bother to steam her up. She really does cut wood with that saw mill although it takes some time to get things right. Take care!

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, Now that's a challenge and we love a challenge. Look out for a battery powered Winston video coming soon to Pine Tree Junction. Thanks for the post and glad you liked the video. It was all made very quickly and worked out better than expected. Sometimes, keeping things simple is the best strategy - even with Thomas videos. Take care!
Looking forward to it. Could you add a little on the environmental twist why Winy has been converted to an Electric car? Just thinking of all the recent Givernment announcements re no Diesel or Electric cars in 2040. Why should Thomas kit not get into the act!
JonD

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
To use the Antipodean vernacular, bloody brilliant. :cool:

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
Looking forward to it. Could you add a little on the environmental twist why Winy has been converted to an Electric car? Just thinking of all the recent Givernment announcements re no Diesel or Electric cars in 2040. Why should Thomas kit not get into the act!
JonD
Now that's a good idea. I will have to talk to my good friend from the Sandwell Valley Railway on how to fit a battery and a RC receiver into Winston. He is the expert in all these things so I'm sure he will come up with a solution. Keep watching!

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
To use the Antipodean vernacular, bloody brilliant. :cool:
Wow! Just love it!!! We do have some farming relatives in your part of the world who have thousands and thousands of sheep. Not heard from them in a very long time but I guess they are still going. Take care my friend!

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
JonD

Isn't no diesel or petrol cars by 2040?

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
and its petrol and diesel ONLY cars. Hybrids are OK and currently they are a long way from good MPG, despite what the makers lie. So a lot of work to be done or else its all government hot air!

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
and its petrol and diesel ONLY cars. Hybrids are OK and currently they are a long way from good MPG, despite what the makers lie. So a lot of work to be done or else its all government hot air!

Nah - hot air's no good - the MPs have too long a break (you'd run out of it).

Now, if it was their other by-product, you could store the methane from their bulls..t.