A sunny October day with my trams. (Pictures problem are solved.)

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
A tram day at a friends garden layout. My friend Wilfried and a 87 year old tram modeler had been invited to this event, So I took my car, my friend and the 87er. He took his last and latest model. A loco 609 from the Wuppertaler Stadtwerke. It was used to bring rail goods to some factories in Wuppertal. his loco still exist in Austria. A sad thing was that the old gentlemen said, that this loco was the last modell he made, His mobility had gone now. What we didn't know, was that this day would be a work tram day.
01.jpg
A work tram parade.

02.jpg
WSW Loco 609. Called "Dicke Berta" (Thick Berta) Wuppertal tram.

03.jpg
This loco is allmost made with plywood. The loco has a nick name "Dicke Berta", (thick Berta) because it is a massive enginge and is still in use in Austria.

05.jpg
The trailer with the tracks are self made from my friend. It was his first model he made with a very little help from me.

07.jpg
My own work, work tram 3241 from Wuppertal. The big ond is still existing in a musem in Danmark.

06.jpg

08.jpg
The tower tram is a freelance tram. The track trailer is similar made to a Düsseldorf one.

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg
This loco is the newest tram loco E1 from LGB. with sound.

12.jpg
It has a problem. Even with ball bearing axles on the trailer, the loco could carry only two of them. My friend Kurt put some weight underneas the roof an now the traction is much better.

13.jpg
We tested it with two tram trailer.

14.jpg
The articulated tram made after repairs some test rides.

15.jpg
Tram 266 had been tested as well, because I installed a sound decoder.

16.jpg
The 6 axle Düwag tram is Düsseldorf 2308. In March 1957 in was tested in Wuppertal. SO I made this Version out of it. It has Wuppertal destination signs. I bought in on Ebay. But I spent a lot of hours to make it run. Also a new painting was sorayed on it The builder used a very pixeld advert, what looked not very good. By removing the ad, the üaint came off as well. So I decided zo change it to the time March 1957. With new axles in the motor box now it runs perfect. But now ther is the next problem. Seats ab figures are loose. And I can't fix it. There is no entrance to the üassengers place. I'm thinking of destroyind the windows an make new ones. When it is open by that way, I used a better glue for the seats and figurs.

17.jpg
Before it was dark, a last picture.

Hope this little report was not so boring.

Peter . Wuppertal

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
A tram day at a friends garden layout. My friend Wilfried and a 87 year old tram modeler had been invited to this event, So I took my car, my friend and the 87er. He took his last and latest model. A loco 609 from the Wuppertaler Stadtwerke. It was used to bring rail goods to some factories in Wuppertal. his loco still exist in Austria. A sad thing was that the old gentlemen said, that this loco was the last modell he made, His mobility had gone now. What we didn't know, was that this day would be a work tram day.
View attachment 258239
A work tram parade.

View attachment 258240

View attachment 258241
This loco is allmost made with plywood.

View attachment 258242
The trailer with the tracks are self made from my friend. It was his first model he made with a very little help from me.

View attachment 258246

View attachment 258243
My own work, work tram 3241 from Wuppertal. The big ond is still existing in a musem in Danmark.View attachment 258244
The tower tram is a freelance tram. The track trailer is similar made to a Düsseldorf one.

View attachment 258245
The loco has a nick name "Dicke Berta", (thick Berta) because ut us a massive enging and is still in use in Austria.
View attachment 258247

View attachment 258248

View attachment 258249

View attachment 258251

It has a problem. Even with ball bearing axles on the trailer, the loco could only carr two of them. My friend Kurt put some weight underneas the roof an now the traction is much better.

View attachment 258253

View attachment 258254

View attachment 258255
Tram 266 had been tested as well, bcause I installed a sound decoder.

View attachment 258256

View attachment 258257

Peter . Wuppertal
Peter, not sure if it's my computer but cannot view any of your pictures. Just get an error code for the attachment.

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
View attachment 258239
A work tram parade.

View attachment 258240

View attachment 258241
This loco is allmost made with plywood.

View attachment 258242

View attachment 258246

View attachment 258243
My own work, work tram 3241 from Wuppertal. The big ond is still existing in a musem in Danmark.View attachment 258244

View attachment 258245
The loco has a nick name "Dicke Berta", (thick Berta) because ut us a massive enging and is still in use in Austria.
View attachment 258247

View attachment 258248

View attachment 258249

View attachment 258251

It has a problem. Even with ball bearing axles on the trailer, the loco could only carr two of them. My friend Kurt put some weight underneas the roof an now the traction is much better.

View attachment 258253

View attachment 258254

View attachment 258255
Tram 266 had been tested as well, bcause I installed a sound decoder.

View attachment 258256

View attachment 258257

Peter . Wuppertal

Peter

There appears to be an issue with the way you have loaded the photographs, they do not display in the thread and if I click on the attachement all I get is an error message.

David

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for your messages. The problems are solved now. (Hopefully)

Last edited:

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
I really like these kind of postings!!! Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading it!
Yes, there is some excellent modelling there -- and the photos are good too :)

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Beautiful models and beautiful layout. Well done to you and your friends and thanks for posting.

Trains and More

Registered
11 Aug 2019
B.C. Canada
Best answers
Country flag
I really enjoyed these pictures. There is a soft spot in my heart for Streetcars.
Particularly for the ones I used as a teenager in Berlin. On of these days I will bring up enough courage to build some of them. Trouble is, I build in brass and these trams have so many complex curves, hard to do in sheet metal.

dave snape

Registered
21 Dec 2014
west midlands
Best answers
Country flag
View attachment 258265
A work tram parade.

View attachment 258266

View attachment 258267
This loco is allmost made with plywood. The loco has a nick name "Dicke Berta", (thick Berta) because it is a massive enginge and is still in use in Austria.

View attachment 258269

View attachment 258270
My own work, work tram 3241 from Wuppertal. The big ond is still existing in a musem in Danmark.

View attachment 258271

View attachment 258272

View attachment 258273

View attachment 258274

View attachment 258275

View attachment 258276
It has a problem. Even with ball bearing axles on the trailer, the loco could carry only two of them. My friend Kurt put some weight underneas the roof an now the traction is much better.

View attachment 258277

View attachment 258278

View attachment 258279

View attachment 258280
The 6 axle Düwag tram is Düsseldorf 2308. In March 1957 in was tested in Wuppertal. SO I made this Version out of it. It has Wuppertal destination signs. I bought in on Ebay. But I spent a lot of hours to make it run. Also a new painting was sorayed on it The builder used a very pixeld advert, what looked not very good. By removing the ad, the üaint came off as well. So I decided zo change it to the time March 1957. With new axles in the motor box now it runs perfect. But now ther is the next problem. Seats ab figures are loose. And I can't fix it. There is no entrance to the üassengers place. I'm thinking of destroyind the windows an make new ones. When it is open by that way, I used a better glue for the seats and figurs.

View attachment 258281

Peter . Wuppertal
View attachment 258265
A work tram parade.

View attachment 258266

View attachment 258267

View attachment 258269

View attachment 258270

View attachment 258271

View attachment 258272

View attachment 258273

View attachment 258274

View attachment 258275

View attachment 258276

View attachment 258277

View attachment 258278

View attachment 258279

View attachment 258280

View attachment 258281

Peter . Wuppertal
beautiful models& tramway

Tas devil

Registered
7 Oct 2015
Tasmania
Best answers
View attachment 258265
A work tram parade.

View attachment 258266

View attachment 258267

View attachment 258269

View attachment 258270

View attachment 258271

View attachment 258272

View attachment 258273

View attachment 258274

View attachment 258275

View attachment 258276

View attachment 258277

View attachment 258278

View attachment 258279

View attachment 258280

View attachment 258281

Peter . Wuppertal
thank you, great stuff! Definately NOT boring.

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Some beautiful models -really high quality scratch building- and shown working on an attractive tramway. Thanks for sharing!