phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
It is a bit windy today. I found the roof of this shack blown off.

Airfoil? - 1.jpeg

I keep all the roofs of my buildings loose so I can get at the interiors. I glue pieces of sprue at the corners of the roofs that locate them on the building walls. This little guy is the only building whose roof wont stay on. I had already extended the sprue pieces once in an effort to keep the roof in place. Today, It was blown off again for about the umpteenth time. I figured I'd fix it once and for all! I glued on extensions to the sprues that go almost to the base of the shack.

Airfoil? - 1 (1).jpeg

It still blew off about a half hour later! :swear: It is windy but we're not talking gale force here. I've decided this roof shape must just be a perfect airfoil!

Reactions: 1 user

Monty

Registered
16 Apr 2018
Springwood, NSW, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Possibly some weight attached to the underside of the 'airfoil' er roof might inhibit its tendency to try and escape or a couple of small tubes in the corners of the shed so that the extensions fit into them with a mild interference fit........
Monty

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Or a couple of small super magnets?

PhilP

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Try turning the hut round a few or more degrees, if its possible

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Low pitch roofs, whether flat or curved are always susceptible to the sucking effect of wind lifting them off - which is why, in windy places like the Netherlands, the traditional roof pitch was very steep.

1619858802463.png

Reactions: 1 user