A new fireman for the Mallet

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Finally found a replacement figure for my Mallet,over at Glendale i found him in the secondhand box,the LGB one will end up somewhere else(truck driver maybe?)BUT some modifications needed, ;)The new figure had a small head,the LGB one has a large head,at least in comparison to their bodies,so swapped them over together with an arm reposition on the new figure,some filler to finish them off,so far only first coat paint on but pleased with the results,the third pic is of the crew as was(really dont like the LGB,TOO SMALL)Has anyone out there got any idea what make he is?by his hat i would guess German,no reason for asking ,just interested,as for the stock car behind,just going through the paint shops ;) ;)

Attachments

• crew 002.jpg
    crew 002.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 43
  • crew 003.jpg
    crew 003.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 41
  • mallet 003.JPG
    mallet 003.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 53

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Ah! The Wurzel Gummidge of the G Scale world :D DEf look a lot better after swapping heads!

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
The "shovelling pose" figure is from Preiser..... :)

Jon.

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Only trouble is I never have my thinking head on Mick, ;) ;)Thanks for the info Jon,no specific reason for asking,just hadn't seen before. :)

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Nice enhancements Rio

The engineer in the cab in last picture is a Bachmann figure. It has always been one of their 'small' ones, the reason being that it could then 'slip' in the restricted space beside the backhead etc.

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Yes Mike agreed about the small LGB driver and the small space inside the cabs,the mallet driver(engineer)only needs some sort of seat to fit in as quite a large area in that particular model,as for the mogul and the little 2 4 0 bash i did some time ago(posted on here)there is NO room,so i cut the left leg from the figures and replaced the bent sitting leg with a straight one allowing the right leg to slide beteeen the cab side and the firebox and the left leg to stand on the floor of the cab,drops right in the cab,allows the figures to hang out the window(against the law for them not to) ;) ;)and it appears that i have promoted a track worker to a fireman,,,,,,suppose he will want a raise in wages too ;) :'(

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Bad pics,but give an overall effect of replacement engineers ;)

Attachments

• engineer 006.JPG
    engineer 006.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 29
  • CONNIE 005.JPG
    CONNIE 005.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 19