A little knowledge can be dangerous!

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
I don't know much about R/C other than that which I learned when I had R/C controlled boats and planes.

Since I have my Playmobil R/C diesel and the transmitter should be matched to the receiver what happens if I want to run a second locomotive please?

Thanks,

SW

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I don't know much about R/C other than that which I learned when I had R/C controlled boats and planes.

Since I have my Playmobil R/C diesel and the transmitter should be matched to the receiver what happens if I want to run a second locomotive please?

Thanks,

SW
If you are talking about the Diesel that you recently bought, there is a Button on the Radio that says CH, this can change to another channel. Pressing that and the CH button on the loco together (located at one end just above the buffer beam) will allow a different chanel to be selected for a second locomotive.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Reactions: 1 user

a98087

Registered
8 Nov 2009
Wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
I believe the yellow Playmobil diesel has 3 channels, you just bind/mate each loco to the relevant handset and away you go,

That’s the benefit of modern radio gear, you just bind transmittter and reliever and no interference from other users on the same channel

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Most of my experience of RC comes from the '70s, when we only had 27MHz gear using interchangeable crystals in the Tx and Rx to select channels..... this modern stuff with "binding" Tx and Rx together is still a bit of Arcane Magicks to me..... ;)

Jon.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Actually, thinking back to those days (when I was messing around with semi-scale electric RC boat models on the local Yacht Pond), there was an old chap who showed up regularly with a six-foot-long perfect scale model of HMS Belfast, complete with rotating turrets and "firing" guns (using a glow-plug soldered into the end of a piece of tube, to ignite a tiny black-powder charge - probably highly illegal even back in those days...) - and this magnificent creation was radio-controlled from a massive and archaic "reed transmitter" housed in a mahogany box with loads of switches on it, with about an eight-foot antenna sticking out of the top!
It made the 2-channel 27Mhz MacGregor system that I was using look positively bleeding-edge tech.......

Jon.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Actually, thinking back to those days (when I was messing around with semi-scale electric RC boat models on the local Yacht Pond), there was an old chap who showed up regularly with a six-foot-long perfect scale model of HMS Belfast, complete with rotating turrets and "firing" guns (using a glow-plug soldered into the end of a piece of tube, to ignite a tiny black-powder charge - probably highly illegal even back in those days...) - and this magnificent creation was radio-controlled from a massive and archaic "reed transmitter" housed in a mahogany box with loads of switches on it, with about an eight-foot antenna sticking out of the top!
It made the 2-channel 27Mhz MacGregor system that I was using look positively bleeding-edge tech.......

Jon.
It may have been archaic compared to yours, but what was more fun?