6 wheel tender truck/bogie

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Anyone know where to get a 1:32 6 wheel tender truck/bogie

When you find out, please post the info here - I'm looking for two to help me build a canteen for my CPR Royal Hudson. Even the 'wrong' ones - ie commonwealth - would be good.

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
When you find out, please post the info here - I'm looking for two to help me build a canteen for my CPR Royal Hudson. Even the 'wrong' ones - ie commonwealth - would be good.
Tac I just got an email back from Raymond with Rayselectrictrains and he said he is out of stock of the MTH ones and has a standing order, they are 1:32, I've got a couple of aristo craft ones but they are for their heavy weight cars and are 6 3/8" (161.927mm) their commonwealth tender trucks are 5 1/2"(139.7mm), and found some Galline ones that are 4.867" ( 123.63mm) but they are buckeye style. The heavy weight ones could be shortened to 5 3/4" (146.05mm) if the brake shoes were cut off. Hopes this helps and you can email me any time @ billbarnwell09@gmail.com, Bill forgot to send you picture of GallineBB  TRUCK SIZES THE GAL LINE..jpg buckeye truck

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Many thanks, Bill. All my Gauge 1 live steamers, that is to say, all three, are 1/32nd scale [we've been here before], so the MTH items are correct for me. I'll make contact with Rayman in a while.

Thanks again.

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
Many thanks, Bill. All my Gauge 1 live steamers, that is to say, all three, are 1/32nd scale [we've been here before], so the MTH items are correct for me. I'll make contact with Rayman in a while.

Thanks again.
Tac, thanks for the reply, as I have been looking I have found several 1:32 train builders in Europe that have steam engines that utilize 6 wheel trucks on their tenders, are these not available? Seems funny you have to truck, no pun intended, all the way to the states for a part, well keep me advised and I will do to you also. Oh Raymond did email me back and said the MTH ones are about 5" (127mm) and about 1 1/2" (38.1mm) tall and is suppose to let me know if any become available, Bill

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Well, Bill, you have me beat there, for sure. I'm in the G1MRA, and I don't know of ANY builders in Europe in 1/32nd scale who make trucks for sale. Six-wheel trucks are passing rare here in Europe, in fact, I can't think of a European loco that has them.

Thanks for the connection with RayMan, BTW.

'This line is intentionally blank'

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
I stand corrected, of all people you should know, I put in a email to Alan Friedman of Gallline as he has a 3D print for one and last time I spoke to him he said he wasn't sure if he would ever produce it, so I was just touching base with him. BIll

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
I stand corrected, of all people you should know, I put in a email to Alan Friedman of Gallline as he has a 3D print for one and last time I spoke to him he said he wasn't sure if he would ever produce it, so I was just touching base with him. BIll

got a email back from Alan and he said he had 1:32 passenger are trucks/bogies available an if you wand I can send you a picture, Bill

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
The canteen that usually goes behind #2816 is a converted ex-Delaware & Husdon tender. Here it is - with thanks to Joe Rogers who took the picture.

IMG_4168.JPG

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Bill, if it will help, I have a Rivarossi H0 scale D&W Mallet to use as a scanning model...I can send a tender truck to your buddy...

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
Bill, if it will help, I have a Rivarossi H0 scale D&W Mallet to use as a scanning model...I can send a tender truck to your buddy...
Don't know if I'm ready to invest that much, think I will look a little longer, Here is a picture from Alan of his heavy weight passenger 3 axle truck and it is in 1:32, Bill

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
I was offering to ship one of the tender trucks to the guy with the printer to copy by scanner - presuming that he has such a device. I wasn't asking anybody to pay for anything on my behalf. :wait:

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
Not sure how this got b!own out of context, just stating that it wasn't necessary for you to ship it as I wasn't sure as to the expense involved without further research, there was no offence meant or suggested, just that it was an avenue that I wanted to pursue at this time. I thank you for your offer and hope it will remain open while I pursue all possibilities, thanks Bill