dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Not a review as such but a note to wonder. I have long been interested in 3D Printing but the Tech of Software and issues relating to it mean that it is not for me.

However.

In the latest issue of Voi Libre (99) there is an article about making Trees with 3D Pencil, now I have not heard of these before so a new kid on the block to me. Looks like the process of 3D Printing has been placed in a Pencil/Pen Shaped tool. More to the point on the net (usual culprits) they are £20-40 GBP so quite affordable. The article shows the make of small Trees but for us I wonder if internal Bushes for scenery inside our Sheds may be appropriate, but what about securing joints on Piko / Pola Building kits for the Garden? Even strengthening corners of Kits or joints of Bashes or even building up curves etc. No knowledge but all those options appear a possibility.

Anyone got and used one?

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Not a review as such but a note to wonder. I have long been interested in 3D Printing but the Tech of Software and issues relating to it mean that it is not for me.

However.

In the latest issue of Voi Libre (99) there is an article about making Trees with 3D Pencil, now I have not heard of these before so a new kid on the block to me. Looks like the process of 3D Printing has been placed in a Pencil/Pen Shaped tool. More to the point on the net (usual culprits) they are £20-40 GBP so quite affordable. The article shows the make of small Trees but for us I wonder if internal Bushes for scenery inside our Sheds may be appropriate, but what about securing joints on Piko / Pola Building kits for the Garden? Even strengthening corners of Kits or joints of Bashes or even building up curves etc. No knowledge but all those options appear a possibility.

Anyone got and used one?
Yes, and no.

Still in the box!!!

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
As in the thread linked to above, my experience with a 3D pen was not positive. One of the impressive things about 3D printing is its precision, and by replacing motors and screw threads with a human hand, that element is removed!