wire for hand rails, Whats it called?

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers
Evening all,

Only a quick question to stop me going insane doing various web seaches, please can some one tell me:
I picked up some metal wire coated in white plastic at a model shop in banbury. Its about 1mm thick and made great hand rails on my snow plow build. I now need some more, I do not know who makes it or what its called so I can't restock without a trip to Banbury. If any one knows what I'm on about, please put me out of my misery and enlighten me so I can find an alternative supplier. A 120 mile round trip is a bit excessive for hand rail wire.

many thanks

Dave

Dave I reckon those orange Plastruct displays in many model shops have wihite plastic-covered wire in them as well as all the plastic sections etc. This may be what you have bought. Many model shops have it but in my experience it's a bit hit and miss what they have in stock at any given time.

Like Ross says, it's a matter of finding someone who does mail order unless you have another model shop nearer to you.

Dave Hub

everyting
26 Oct 2009
west mids
Best answers
Ok you guys were right about it being something by Plastruct, I turned detective this morning, Used google map to find the shop I brought it from (a toy shop not a model shop like I thought) Then I phoned them described what I had brought and he knew what I was waffleing on about! Even had some in stock and is sending me some in the post.

Yeah for talking on the phone. after I spent 3 hours looking on Interweb last night!:angry:

If any one is interested the stuff was this: Plastruct 1.2mm Plastic Coated Wire (Pack of 15 TB-1) (90101)
http://www.shipmodels.co.uk/1308_1_12849.html

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Not the same, but I used piano wire in my younger days for my scratchbuilt cars for the Mamod. Nice and easy to work with, cuts with dikes and bends with box pliars, but is steel. Came from craft stores.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
At least you could 'fine tune' it afterwards :rofl:
Okay, hat, coat :impatient: