Wheels to replace LGB spoked 30mm

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
I have some LGB small freights with the 30mm plastic spoked wheels. Does anyone know of a metal replacement, with spokes? I know there are LGB wheels with metal rims, and I can easily get solid wheels.
I quite fancy the Slaters wheels, as they have all sorts of spoked wheels. I think their 16mm wheels have quite fine flanges. Anyone tried their 7/8 scale spoked wheels - the 1' 6" ones should be about the right size? Are there any photos anywhere of them?

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
How about Lilliput spoke wheels ref L999304

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I have some LGB small freights with the 30mm plastic spoked wheels. Does anyone know of a metal replacement, with spokes? I know there are LGB wheels with metal rims, and I can easily get solid wheels.
I quite fancy the Slaters wheels, as they have all sorts of spoked wheels. I think their 16mm wheels have quite fine flanges. Anyone tried their 7/8 scale spoked wheels - the 1' 6" ones should be about the right size? Are there any photos anywhere of them?
Slater's wheels are not that fine i.e. as in fine scale - you could equate them with Accucraft US Fn3 stock.

While they're not as coarse as LGB, remember that the LGB deep flanges are really for their tight curves, so if you've got nothing less than 8ft diameter, the Slaters wheels will be OK. If you've got the tighter curves, then you'll need the coarser flanges.

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks guys. I initially blanched at the $25 price of the Lilliput wheels - but that seems to be the pack of 4 axles/8wheels. Maybe I'll try both, if I can get Slaters to send me 45mm axles.

Last edited: